• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Police CUCV on duty W/pics

idM1028

They seem to be pretty popular with LE agencies. I foud a M1009 in a junkyard not far from here that I was told had been used by a local sheriffs department IIRC. Still had the whole DARE logo on the front and everything. Man, that place had some great military stuff in it, but the folks that ran it were a little :cookoo:

Attachments

Last edited:

tamecrow

and i know some will use the whole "Gateway" argument, but if you want to go after the "Gateway drug", its easier to find than a weed patch... it comes in a box of 20, usually has a filter on the end, and is sold in almost every store in the country
Good post! Add to that, alcohol. The concept of marijuana being a "gateway drug" is as old as the 'Refer Madness' movie from the thirties. Most people are drunk when they first try marijuana. Wouldn't that make booze the gateway drug? Here's an enlightening study done by Missouri Western State University.

IS ALCOHOL A GATEWAY DRUG?

Josh

Thats one purdy 1008. She needs some bigger meats though.

As for the alcohol vs pot debating. All I can say, Have you ever heard of a bunch of people getting stoned then getting into a brawl? Like all things. MODERATION is key. Soons something becomes excessive, its when the negitive effects appear.

thanks Tamecrow, and i almost mentioned alchohol to, but I wasnt trying to start a debate, just wanted to make a point, and thought that may push it. Ive listened to many a drunk guy that was a case of beer into the evening talk about the evils of weed, and they never see the irony or hypocrisy of what theyre slurring, i mean saying... and Josh, your absoluetly correct also... a few beers, and everyones 10ft tall and bulletproof, which usually made my job a little more fun...hehehe... drunk people fall down on their own, i didnt even have to put them on the ground... the smokers, thats a different story... they may have an argument over who ate the last Oreo, but 5mins. into it, they forget what they were arguing over, so o harm, no foul... and i actually own 3 copies of Reefer Madness, the original, a color version that the smoke is even different colors when they exhale, hehehe, and a musical remake from a few years ago. most people, including many LEO's dont know this, but when it was made illegal, it had nothing to do with people smoking it, that was just what they used to demonize it to the public. it was actually to get rid of hemp, because it was taking money from the textile, fuel, and paper tycoons(Hearst, Du Pont, etc.) because it was a better product. and the tycoons were all in tight with the politicians of the time, so they hired Hearsts son-in-law, i believe it was, as the first Drug Czar. the ban was actually slipped in with the Machine Gun Ban that was aimed at the Tommy Gun... an interesting book on the subject is something like The Emporer Wears No Clothes, i believe its called... i read up on every drug i could, helped know how to deal with people in that security business, and helped me learn alot about Human Nature in general... America is wasting, and losing, ALOT of revenue, and good honest LEO's in this farce they call the Drug War... makes 'Nam look like an all out victory, IMHO... just saying...

JUNKYARDJOHN

More excellant uses of are tax dollars. :roll: Kinda makes you feel all warm & fuzzy inside doesn't it?? GEE WHIZ.... WERE OUT OF MONEY. WHODA THUNK?? John

kentuckycucv

My truck was going to be a K9 police unit in Sumter SC. They put AC in one, painted etc and spent a lot of money on it. they decided it was too expensive and sold them all off. Mine came stock with 39k miles on it. $1500 bucks. I got a good deal.

PS You cops can extract the Hemp oil from the crop and run your CUCV off of it.

armytruck63

Dose anyone know where I can find an altenator for a M1009 6.2 huh?
Welcome to Steel Soldiers cody38,

Driver's side (0 to 12 Volts) is a standard GM alternator that can be purchased at any decent auto parts store. Passenger side (12 to 24 Volts) must have an isolated ground and is a little harder to find. If the passenger side alternator "GEN 2 " goes bad, you could try having it rebuilt at an auto electric shop.

idM1028

Welcome to Steel Soldiers cody38,

Driver's side (0 to 12 Volts) is a standard GM alternator that can be purchased at any decent auto parts store. Passenger side (12 to 24 Volts) must have an isolated ground and is a little harder to find. If the passenger side alternator "GEN 2 " goes bad, you could try having it rebuilt at an auto electric shop.
Yes, welcome to the site. Try to find a place that can rebuild it first. If you can't or the price is too much, google "Rare Electrical." They sell new isolated ground alts for the CUCV's for around $180-$190. They also sell the 24V starters. I dropped a new pair in my truck months and have had no issues. The reason I didn't have them rebuilt was the closest shop I trusted with them wanted $185/per to rebuild them.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought you might like some pics of a "civilianized" surplus M1008 in action. We used it on a marijuana eradication mission recently and after seeing some of the pics on this site I thought I'd take a few of the truck, not just the plants. BTW I am considering getting a M1009 from an auction and need to know if anyone here has titled a MV in West Virginia with just a bill of sale from GL, etc.
What a waste. You can stay in WV as far as I am concerned. They don't do that here it's legal...!

donalloy1

Please do not waste the crop! Grandma treats her Glaucoma with Cookies made from that stuff! As for the illegal peddlers. You can process them anyway you see fit WV!