• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Political Messages on your MV

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Southdave,
You are very correct! I was doing a Google search for TM 10-412 (the military recipe book) for timntrucks after the GA rally. A post that mentioned that I was bringing my printed copy of that exact TM was the 56'th Google match that was returned. Everything that is posted here can be found and indexed for Google's search function. And if LEO's don't know how to use Google, they should attend remedial training immediately, and if their bosses won't let them, the media should expose those cases. Anything posted in a public forum is and should be fair game. Try doing a Google search on your username, see what you find! Might be more than you expect!

oldshep

one night i was bored so i stuck a shovel in the bed pocket of our 78 ford and put a 3x5 confederate flag on the back. People loved it! But people in in clever,mo dont mind tht kind of thing. As far as stickers theres nothing on the duece. A flat black bobbed truck with 46'' xmls with red wheels gets enough attention on its own. I have a dont tread on me flag on my F150.:-D

GoHot229

One page back, I'll have to agree with TexAndy, in truth, He'a right. Still, I choose to not do it myself. I have a (Bultaco) sticker on mine, an old dirtbike brand from the 60's. But would I put political statements on it? No, it's just not my style, to me it's tacky and lends itself twards juvenile. Kids.....stickers.....saving the world,etc, etc. While noble mabe, not my style. Heak theres 44 posts here, I read each one, still theres no agreement.
I also agree with HardCorps 79.......never the less, the politico thing just dosn't fit ....ME....

Last edited:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am pondering whether or not I should place politically motivated messages (on magnetic backing of course) on the tailgate of my MV.

I want to exercise my 1st Amendment rights. However, I don't want to ruffle the feathers of the MV naysayers. I'm sure there are plenty out here in "Left-ifornia".
Or...let the world be *#mned.

Thoughts?? Do's/Don'ts??
you gonna be driving your M35, and that liberace in the prius behind you is gonna see your sign, and get mad and ram you to teach you a lesson.

I'd say do it. but no, maybe not because some day you gonna come out of the store and have to shoot someone because you caught them with their hand on a knife and the knife in the 4th or 5th tire.. just be sure wait till they pull the knife out though, so it's clearly in hand. - -so political stickers can lead to trouble. I don't put any on mine. i don't put any stickers except military ones and the SS magnetic sticker.

Last edited:

SasquatchSanta

I gotta disagree. I'm currently active military and have laid my life on the line to protect our freedoms. One of the most beautiful things in my mind is seeing the diverse bumper stickers on the cars in the lot of my post on base. Active military members still retain their right to free speech, as long as we don't criticize our commander in chief or advocate the overthrow of the government, we are free to post our beliefs on our vehicles. We are even allowed to display one campaign sign in our yard to support a particular candidate (in on-base housing!) Off-base, there is no restriction on posters, signs, stickers, etc.

Our founding fathers were radicals, and I believe that many in our modern government are radicals of a different persuasion. I don't think our vehicles should display partisan political statements when used for troop supporting parades and events, but if it's your daily driver or work truck, do what you please to speak your voice.

I kind of found it offensive that the DHS classified me as a potential terrorist when I got back from almost dying for my country. So out of spite, I think I'm going to add a Gadsden flag, third party candidate sticker, and NRA decal. I swore to defend the constitution against...[fill in the blank], so I may as well exercise my rights. And if you disagree with me, well, I fought for your right to that opinion as well. So you should express THAT too!

We only keep the freedoms we're willing to fight for.
Freedoms unused, are freedoms lost.

Semper Fi.

HardCorps --- From one Vet to another ... "Welcome Home"

I agree with your post and I especially like your posting of the words "
Freedoms unused, are freedoms lost."

I'm an oddity here in that my deuce (Rosie) is painted vermillion red. Because of the color I've never had to concern myself with someone falsly associating my truck, or for that face me, with the military. Lots of people know what she is (was) and I get lots of questions and compliments but thankfully I've never had an embarrasing situation where someone thought I, or the truck was affiliated with the military.

I look at the world a little different in that I don't feel my truck is an MV. To my way of thinking it's an "ex MV" just like I'm an "ex GI". My truck and I are no longer in the military. We both served honorably and we were both discharged. I no longer wear jungle fatiges and Rosie no longer wears CARC OD.

Rosie bears several bumper stickers. They include a "Vietnam Veteran" sticker, "MIA-POW" sticker, "Support the Troops" sticker and a "I'll Forgive Jane Fonda When The Jews Forgive Hitler" sticker. Graphics include an American Flag stencil on the back window, www.M35MonsterTruck.com graphics on the hood flaps and graphics of an Oozlefinch on the heater scoops mounted on both sides of the hood flaps (see atach). Outside of the Oozlefinch graphics which were added in honor of my late father and WWII Vet I feel all the other stickers and graphics are apropos for a ex Viet Vet and his ex Vietnam war era ride. I should mention that there are also two 3-1/2 feet steel masts on each end of the front bumper that are used for American flags in parades.

If anyone is interested --- the Oozllefinch graphics (see attached picture) originated from the mystical myth of Infamous Oozlefinch the mascot for the Coastal Artillary and Anti-Aircraft corps. Oozlefinches fly backwards so they don't get their butts shot off and don't get dust in their eyes. They don't care where they've going but they want to know where they have been. Their big feet are a result of standing guard duty for several generations. Their long necks evolved so the rye whisky that they are so fond of will take longer to go down and will be more enjoyable. No one knows for sure what color Oozlefinches are. They only have one feather and they are so proud of it that they keep it hid out of sight (guess where) so it won't get shot off. My dad was an WWII Anti-Aircraft Gunner and a career trucker. If I have one regreat about buying and building Rosie is't that Dad didn't live to see her. The image of Oozlefinch was taken from a brochure of Camp Callan California, dated 1942 where dad took gunnery training

Sorry for the temp hijack.

I appreciate the good work of the purists that choose to restore or keep their trucks stock

Attachments

colyork

I have one on my truck It says "America read your constitution". That's it ,nothing about the president or any party. But I would make sure that any sticker would not say anything that I wouldn't want my mom to read.

nhdiesel

A bit of Carbon info I learned:

Carbon is the 15th most abundant elements in the Earth's crust, and the fourth most abundant element in the universe by mass after hydrogen, helium, and oxygen. It is present in all known lifeforms, and in the human body carbon is the second most abundant element by mass (about 18.5%) after oxygen.[14] This abundance, together with the unique diversity of organic compounds and their unusual polymer-forming ability at the temperatures commonly encountered on Earth, make this element the chemical basis of all known life.

And an interesting fact about carbon:

Under terrestrial conditions, conversion of one element to another is very rare. Therefore, the amount of carbon on Earth is effectively constant.

Kinda shoots down the claims that we evil humans are responsible for creating carbon. Although we are carriers of it...lol. Hmmm, now that the govt. has officially declared Carbon to be a hazardous chemical, and is now controlled by the Govt., does that mean they can try to reduce carbon by eliminating us??? :shock:

I wish the quotes I posted above could fit on a bumper sticker...

Jim

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Carbon is the 15th most abundant elements in the Earth's crust, and the fourth most abundant element in the universe by mass after hydrogen, helium, and oxygen. It is present in all known lifeforms, and in the human body carbon is the second most abundant element by mass (about 18.5%) after oxygen.[14] This abundance, together with the unique diversity of organic compounds and their unusual polymer-forming ability at the temperatures commonly encountered on Earth, make this element the chemical basis of all known life.

Under terrestrial conditions, conversion of one element to another is very rare. Therefore, the amount of carbon on Earth is effectively constant.

Kinda shoots down the claims that we evil humans are responsible for creating carbon. Although we are carriers of it...lol. Hmmm, now that the govt. has officially declared Carbon to be a hazardous chemical, and is now controlled by the Govt., does that mean they can try to reduce carbon by eliminating us??? :shock:

Jim
Things that make you go "HMMMM?"

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Jim
Since you learned so much about carbon, you might want to learn some more about carbon dioxide.

Carbon Dioxide | Climate Change - Greenhouse Gas Emissions | U.S. EPA

998Junkie

Jim
No I don't think it does. I think the claim is about creating carbon dioxide not carbon (C02 not C). Big difference.;-)

One interesting thing...most of the carbon in your body comes from corn.

nhdiesel

No, I was talking CARBON, the stuff the enviro nazis keep complaining that diesels pollute with. The stuff that came out of the ground, was processed, used, and is going back to the ground. Also the same thing coal produces, etc.

And as a reminder for 4th grade science...Carbon Dioxide was here before we were, will be long after, and is necessary for plants to survive. And like the rest of the climate arguments, its not going to stay at exactly the same level every year regardless whether humans existed or not.

But lets get back to the original subject...messages on trucks. No matter which side of any argument you are on, its your truck. You can choose not to display anything and keep your MV 100% military. Or you can use your rights and display your feelings, whatever they may be.

Jim

Angus

I dont care what anybody thinks. I voiced my opinion last fall. Logged over 1500 miles all over Washington and Oregon. Got many thumbs up and only one finger.

Attachments

998Junkie

And as a reminder for 4th grade science...Carbon Dioxide was here before we were, will be long after, and is necessary for plants to survive. And like the rest of the climate arguments, its not going to stay at exactly the same level every year regardless whether humans existed or not.

Jim
My instinct says…leave this alone, but I just can’t. We both share a wonderful hobby and I think we probably agree on more than a few things. I like my internal combustion conveyances. I don’t like that there isn't a Barstow to Vegas Motocross race anymore, but perhaps we should move on past 4th grade science. First,( depending on your religious beliefs) all matter was created in the big bang, so technically we are all billions of years old. In one way we are as old as the current configuration of that matter but that matter was created in the big bang, changed over time to different atomic elements and became you and I. Yes Carbon, Carbon-dioxide existed before we took our first breaths(**** without carbon we wouldn’t be here). However new carbon-dioxide is produced every day, I’m producing it sitting at my computer as I type this, my car is going to burn hydro-carbons and produce more as well on my commute home. The current argument is that taking (b/m)illions of tons of carbon that has been sequestered for millions of years and releasing it into the atmosphere without a way to remove it is an inherently bad thing for the global environment. I think that there is evidence pointing in that direction.

Does that mean you should scrap your truck...no.

We just need to work on this problem for a solution.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks