• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Poll: How do YOU say CUCV?

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like mentioned above, we always called them a "cuck-vee", there is not a "T" anywhere in there. But I like "wheel chock" just as well.

Hammer

Cut-V, just like I did when I was in.
And to clarify, 10-O-9 or 10-O-8 for which one of the buggers we are talking about. Or, hers or his if we want to be picky (yes, I have a few).
And I know there isn't a 'T' in it, the pronunciation has a separate meaning.

Last edited:

FLINT

At the turn of this century, I worked for two years at a military base as an archeologist. They issued my team two CUCVs to access our sites - a 1008 and a 1009. The military folks at that base all said, "Cuck Vee" so that's what I've said since. In fact, it was a while before I knew that Cuck Vee, was the pronunciation of the acronym - CUCV. Once we started using them, I called my dad and told him about the super heavy duty chevy trucks that we were using (at the time he had a 78 C10 that we had used for years).