• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Poor man rim (ctis wheel valve) protection

Plasa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a small modification, I hope it helps. Looking at some vid's the main weak point on the ctis wheel valve is the shrader valve. I decide to change it with a screw. It's not a completely protection, but better than nothing.
photo_2021-12-16_10-24-11.jpg

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
in da woods or rocks on occasion the valve stem gets ripped off. then PSSSSSssssssss your tire goes flat faster than the CTIS can keep up with it
in theory yes...in reality our FMTV are glorified Mall Crawlers and spend 99% of thier time on paved roads with the occasional dirt road that may have a puddle... lol

and this is about as "Overland Expedition-ie" I'll ever get

Third From Texas

in da woods or rocks on occasion the valve stem gets ripped off. then PSSSSSssssssss your tire goes flat faster than the CTIS can keep up with it
Seth has a video of that actually happening with Brutus. They brushed against/crushed a log or something and tore off the valve if I recall.

I've got covers on my truck and I've had some nice scrapes on them so I know they are working.

:)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks