• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pop quiz time

dcwilkie

So, I'm pulling into the Super Safe Storage when the compressor starts cycling on and off rapidly. I wait 5 min. shut down, drain the air tanks (something's leaking air BEFORE I open the valves!) and black oil comes out with the air.
My best guess is that's compressor oil and I'm screwed- scored compressor cylinder? Busted compressor head?
Anyway, I think I may be looking at buying a compressor if I can't somehow rebuild this.
Always something...:doh:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Take it apart and clean the reed valves first. Crud gets stuck in there from time to time. Let me see if I can find pics.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need a compressor contact Combst32 he has some good takeouts. You will also need a new gasket.

When you install it, make sure you do not use RTV. It is known to block the oil hole and crater a compressor.

dcwilkie

Many thanks Gimpyrobb and Warthog. At least there's some hope that it's not FUBAR, but lately things have been breaking left and right on "Tinkerbell". :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks