• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pop quiz time

dcwilkie

So, I'm pulling into the Super Safe Storage when the compressor starts cycling on and off rapidly. I wait 5 min. shut down, drain the air tanks (something's leaking air BEFORE I open the valves!) and black oil comes out with the air.
My best guess is that's compressor oil and I'm screwed- scored compressor cylinder? Busted compressor head?
Anyway, I think I may be looking at buying a compressor if I can't somehow rebuild this.
Always something...:doh:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Take it apart and clean the reed valves first. Crud gets stuck in there from time to time. Let me see if I can find pics.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need a compressor contact Combst32 he has some good takeouts. You will also need a new gasket.

When you install it, make sure you do not use RTV. It is known to block the oil hole and crater a compressor.

dcwilkie

Many thanks Gimpyrobb and Warthog. At least there's some hope that it's not FUBAR, but lately things have been breaking left and right on "Tinkerbell". :roll: