• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible Deuce Purchase

Tlauden

See for updated info http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members-rides/66110-purchased-deuce.html

Well i went up to Colemans Surplus, Looking at Dueces, Spent an hour and a half climbing all over looking :):driver: Well i might have found one for myself. The only downfall is its a non-turbo, but the mechanic offered to fix that for me if I want a turbo, They got some extras around apparently. Its runs and drives, Started after a little cranking, But apparently its sat awhile. The rack above the spare tire is bent but i plan on pulling that off and possible putting an underbody tool box there anyway. Well i took pictures for you all to give me your opinions, and please feel free to point out anything that might be a potential problem. They just sold a truck with rear canvas for $3200 so i'm hoping i can pick this one up a little cheaper since no turbo, or rear canvas. Sorry, i didn't get the year or Vinaua Overall its a very clean truck, Minor surface rust, The bed looks barely used, decent tires, probably between 60%-75% tread left, Soft top

Just a little interesting side story on this truck, It was stolen (i cant believe people do that kinda stuff:mad:) from colemans a few months ago and taken up in the Mountain to a few mud pits... thats where it was found a few days after they reported it stolen. So at least i know its got good power to get up that mtn cause its not a easy trail to navigate and its steep as H*LL, and ill assume the brakes are are good also sice they brought it down the same way... Although if i purchase i will THOROUGHLY check the brakes.

Attachments

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
Nothing wrong with a non turbo.... you can play with the fuel to get your extra 10HP compared to a turbo model, also they have a muffler that can be found on Ebay NEW for under 30 bucks... Nice and quiet. only thing that I would think of is clutch.. if it was taken off roading up in the hills it might have got a work out. I did see that the flame heater lines were missing. Check that out.. They leak so its not a bad thing just want to make sure it was removed and capped the right way.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i cant tell you how much i looked over trucks at Kublos until i picked out mine. i was inside them and out looking them over. thats half the fun and excitment!! I dont seem to see many non turbo trucks on here... somebody has to save a couple. haha:razz:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "thin-stacker" non-turbos are becoming somewhat rare. Most of them get turboed at some point. If you preserved one, it would be cool.

I do not have one, so I can't tell you how they feel or compare. From what I see here, maost people agree that the smoke plume is more impressive than on the turbos and that the power output is pretty much the same.
All agree that the naturally aspirated engines are quieter.

Seeing that the truck is at Coleman's, I would probably have them go over the truck to ensure it is roadworthy.

Darwin T

The only downfall is its a non-turbo, but the mechanic offered to fix that for me if I want a turbo.
WHY, i like my non-turbo better than my turbo. it's quiter than my turbo's and you don't have the warm-up and cool down cycles. i have not noticed that much of a boost from the turbos, however, i have not adjusted the fuel input.

good luck with your deuce. [thumbzup]

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the main purpose for adding the turbo was to reduce smoke, not add power. Unless you want a turbo, I'd leave it the way it is.

Tlauden

WHY, i like my non-turbo better than my turbo. it's quiter than my turbo's and you don't have the warm-up and cool down cycles. i have not noticed that much of a boost from the turbos, however, i have not adjusted the fuel input.

good luck with your deuce. [thumbzup]

Well i guess its not so much of a down fall, i just love the turbo sound. But hey, if there's not many non turbos left, if i get it it will keep it a non- turbo.

Also, thanks for all the input, and talking with the gentleman who handles the sales they wont sell it without the mechanic giving it the [thumbzup]. Great group of guys and gals up there, i walked in and he said to get to the deuces drive back through the yard and ya cant miss them. they probably wouldn't of minded me walking around that place all day, and trust me i could have spent a few more hours up there:jumpin::jumpin:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the picture with the missing flame heater lines, also note that the rubber connector (bellow) that you see in the background on the intake is cracked.

Tlauden

Thank You cattlerepairman, I couldn't really get a good look into this area, the mushroom filter was clamped tight and i couldn't get the side panel open more than a few inches, so i just stuck the phone in and snapped a pic.

Last edited:

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks pretty good from the pics. If you can get it for the right price, and it runs and drives solid, go for it! If/when I get room to get another one, I'm going to look for a non turbo.

Jimma

I also believe the turbo had more to do with smoke and emissions than it did power. It helps clean up the exhuast as I have been told.

Tlauden

Well I'm going back to colemans tomorrow to see if i can work out a good price:D i got the OK from the girlfriend awhile ago when i first wanted one. I thinks sometimes she wants one as bad as i do:mrgreen::mrgreen:

And again thanks for all the input so far everyone! Ill try to snap some more pics when i go back up tomorrow. Anything i should take pics of specifically? ill remember to get the VIN and year, and pop the hood for some pics

Tlauden

I can't believe it's not sitting in your driveway yet..

:grd:

oh trust me, i tried to get it here today!!! Just not possible though on such short notice, there's not enough hours in the day:roll: and since i really didn't plan on purchasing till the end of summer i need to get everything squared away before i rite the check for this :driver:

If I can read backwards as well as I think I can, I think it said "SOLD" on the passenger window. Maybe they just knew you'd be back?

MVtrucker

Turbo is nothing, it's a clean air addition. Me and my non-turbo M109 hauled a load of parts and a M105 trailer all over the East Coast. Some buy them for the whistle effect, which is neat. I love making litle kids hold their ears when I do a Memorial Day parade. Yeah, the wrecker in low range low gear, crying.

Tlauden

Yes, it says sold... But that deal fell threw according to colemans. And I guess they just never got around to scraping it off the window. The mechanic confirmed this when he started it up to show me "in case I end up buying it":wink:

Darwin T

turbo's are good from a while. but after several hours on the road it can be to much. the 5 minute cool down cycle before you shut it down, so you don't damage the turbo, bites when you are sitting outside the steakhouse for dinner and can smell the steaks on the fire. aua it's not that bad though, i did say i had one non-turbo and two with turbo's. i just enjoy pulling up somewhere and just turning it off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks