• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible LMTV towing needs FT Lewis Area :D

manvstaco

Might be buying on in a few days, looking for someone with the skills and equipment to tow(flatbed if possible!!) a M1078 LMTV in a week at most, not liking the idea of driving it home without plates or paying these crazy rates. let me know!! :)
21 ft 4 inches long, 8 feet wide, 17,770 lbs

aleigh

Ordinarily I'd help you out but my truck is deadlined right now waiting on parts. That said - go down and look at the trucks before you bid. I saw them, they are sitting in the lakewood lot.

manvstaco

Well, they sold for well over what I was willing to pay, ended up buying two humvees with the 6.5l engine and a 2002 Lancer from today's auction instead :D

manvstaco

Omg Aleigh that sold for soo much. I was complaining about going 250 over my limit of 11 grand. It's funny you brought that up, When I was in Iraq back in 03 we confiscated a Mercedes dump truck full of gold. I got in trouble for trying to take pictures of it with it and I was forced to guard it for two days strait in full battle rattle aha, that sucked. 1-3rd ACR
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/South/05/27/sprj.irq.iraq.gold/

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter

aleigh

It just seems weird, I've seen it a few times, how some items are just way more than market. Is it two guys bidding in the heat of the moment or something?

Must be nice to be in a situation to have a 1082. I'd like a one a lot, but it's a CDL item if you are out of WA, and our CDL program here has mandatory approved-school training, so it is the time & $$$. :(

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Must be nice to be in a situation to have a 1082. I'd like a one a lot, but it's a CDL item if you are out of WA, and our CDL program here has mandatory approved-school training, so it is the time & $$$. :(
In TX you can get a Class A or B non-CDL so can skip some of the requirements. I've been out of WA for 15 years and never had a reason to get anything other than a Class C while I was there so not really up on the options.

aleigh

In TX you can get a Class A or B non-CDL so can skip some of the requirements. I've been out of WA for 15 years and never had a reason to get anything other than a Class C while I was there so not really up on the options.
Yeah. Out here it's just by weight, they don't care what you are using it for. I would get a CDL, I mean that part doesn't bother me, but, they have an hours requirement for schooling that is in the triple digit and you have to go to a state-approved school, so, it takes weeks and costs thousands. I'd prefer to just show up and take the test.

c'est la vie! I'll do it one of these days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks