• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible LMTV towing needs FT Lewis Area :D

manvstaco

Might be buying on in a few days, looking for someone with the skills and equipment to tow(flatbed if possible!!) a M1078 LMTV in a week at most, not liking the idea of driving it home without plates or paying these crazy rates. let me know!! :)
21 ft 4 inches long, 8 feet wide, 17,770 lbs

aleigh

Ordinarily I'd help you out but my truck is deadlined right now waiting on parts. That said - go down and look at the trucks before you bid. I saw them, they are sitting in the lakewood lot.

manvstaco

Well, they sold for well over what I was willing to pay, ended up buying two humvees with the 6.5l engine and a 2002 Lancer from today's auction instead :D

manvstaco

Omg Aleigh that sold for soo much. I was complaining about going 250 over my limit of 11 grand. It's funny you brought that up, When I was in Iraq back in 03 we confiscated a Mercedes dump truck full of gold. I got in trouble for trying to take pictures of it with it and I was forced to guard it for two days strait in full battle rattle aha, that sucked. 1-3rd ACR
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/South/05/27/sprj.irq.iraq.gold/

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter

aleigh

It just seems weird, I've seen it a few times, how some items are just way more than market. Is it two guys bidding in the heat of the moment or something?

Must be nice to be in a situation to have a 1082. I'd like a one a lot, but it's a CDL item if you are out of WA, and our CDL program here has mandatory approved-school training, so it is the time & $$$. :(

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Must be nice to be in a situation to have a 1082. I'd like a one a lot, but it's a CDL item if you are out of WA, and our CDL program here has mandatory approved-school training, so it is the time & $$$. :(
In TX you can get a Class A or B non-CDL so can skip some of the requirements. I've been out of WA for 15 years and never had a reason to get anything other than a Class C while I was there so not really up on the options.

aleigh

In TX you can get a Class A or B non-CDL so can skip some of the requirements. I've been out of WA for 15 years and never had a reason to get anything other than a Class C while I was there so not really up on the options.
Yeah. Out here it's just by weight, they don't care what you are using it for. I would get a CDL, I mean that part doesn't bother me, but, they have an hours requirement for schooling that is in the triple digit and you have to go to a state-approved school, so, it takes weeks and costs thousands. I'd prefer to just show up and take the test.

c'est la vie! I'll do it one of these days.