• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible VIRUS on PM's ALERT

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Folks I just got an PM from James2 (a new member) with zero posts and a location of "f". There was a link on that post that looks suspicious and the pm message sent to me had nothing to do with military vehicles.

Suggest we get MANGUS to check this out prior to anyone opening the link.

If James2 is legit, I appologize but until this is checked out, I'm taking the side of caution.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone could be nominated as infosec officer to use the IP address to find the internet account that this mess came from and notify the ISP. They usually do investigate. If it's a single user, the acct can be terminated. :twisted: If it's corporate or something like a public library, they'd be glad to know about a hole that makes them liable :twisted: for allowing someone to upload viruses. People might say it's not worth it to pursue but think of it as a sport. It's surprising how many companies and even ISPs have been hacked into, where the hax0r created themselves an account without the owner knowing it, and how many of them are then launchpads for hacks.

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Gonna bump this to the top since it looks like it is indeed a virus.

I agree, seek him out and destroy him. He said he was from "f", let's send him to "h".

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
that would not do any good, all a newbie had to do is make a crap post them thay could pm

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm one of five moderators in a Yahoo group that screen new members. Of course that group only gets about 25 messages a week, and only about four or five of them are from new members. A lot different than this site, which gets several hundred messages a day. Maybe something could be arranged. Mangus, if you want details on how it works, PM me.

rattlecan6104

I actually opened the link last night when I got it, and there was no ill effects noticed ( I had my virus and malware software fired up along with a popup blocker) The popup was blocked and the site was all about religion and "loving" yourself in a plutonic sorta way.

Elwenil

Guess it looks like i need to go back to approving new members...

man thats a pain in the ass :-(

Mike, I will take on this tedious duty. Set me up with the power and send all the new applicants to me. I will require their resumé with references and a 750 word essay on why they want to be a SteelSoldiers member. Naturally bribes will not be accepted unless they are of considerable monetary or MV value. :mrgreen:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Is this the same one you got because I got one too.

"""""Hey,I'm new here, how's it going?"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage" - Lao Tzu---Jameshttp://james420.5u.com """""

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks