• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post your cucv pics here

Assel

I run 33s and have no Lift, since I dont use it for hard offroad it works just fine. and with even a 2" Lift it would no longer fit in my garage...

I really want to use it daylie during Summer..or atleast until they get the salt on the roads here...then its going to sleep again few months DSC_0132.jpgDSC_0135.jpg

alexjerome

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438577157.359471.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1438577190.357530.jpg
My 1986 6.2l diesel with a sidewinder turbo m1009 cucv on 40"in super swampers.
Does anyone know anything about the jumper cable on the battery mounting cable junction block? I've had problems with my battery's holding charge I noticed that my jumper wire was burnt. If I absolutely need this where would I attain one?

amgeneral72

I picked up these 2 trucks from the Sc. forestry service about a month ago.

The tan truck 1984 M1008 was complete and unmolested. But it had been sitting in the woods somewhere for a long time. It had trees growing in the back. When I got home I put new batteries in and a slave on it and had dash lights, but it wouldn't turn over. The amazing thing was that when I cut & jumped the wires going to the starter relay & it started right up. Who knows how old the diesel was? It was a good score. I have put on new tires, spin on fuel filter, doghead relay, serviced and painted it. So far I have put about 350 miles on the odometer with no problems.

The red truck 85 M1028 had the transfer case in the bed. It was split all the way around. The trans was half way taken out & just hanging. They had also stolen a few engine parts. It was also missing the shackles, pintle and could use a new brush guard. So far I have pulled the trans & gotten it to run. I have a new crate trans as well as another transfer case ready to go in as soon as I get some time.

IMG_1025.jpgIMG_1024.jpgIMG_1035.jpgIMG_1030.jpgIMG_1033.jpgIMG_1114.jpgIMG_1127.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, that tan one sure looks nice with fresh color. Drew, do you have that 686 color in 55 gallon drums? The color is really growing on me after all these years.

amgeneral72

I recently ran out, painting vehicles for the Tom Cruse movie I just finished working on. Thats what the Suburban I built was for. At the time I couldn't say. I had to get this last paint from 1/4 ton parts in Chattanooga. He is reasonable and ships.

Last edited:

cucvrus

imagejpeg_0.jpgThe M1009 leaving for fame and fortune. Or maybe to be blown up in an action film. I don't know and don't care at this point. It is gone and the man is happy. Back to some real fun.10296841_821656037870464_3441052444587757292_n.jpg

cucvrus

How fast do you drive it on the interstate? That was one of the best vehicles I ever owned. Never missed a day of work and I never had to walk home or out of the woods. 19 years. I was a young guy when I got that truck. Still am a young guy just a little older. I am glad you gave it a good home. I did not want to part it out. It has parts of 2 of my favorite CUCV trucks on it. Thanks for posting.

corvette9

How fast do you drive it on the interstate? That was one of the best vehicles I ever owned. Never missed a day of work and I never had to walk home or out of the woods. 19 years. I was a young guy when I got that truck. Still am a young guy just a little older. I am glad you gave it a good home. I did not want to part it out. It has parts of 2 of my favorite CUCV trucks on it. Thanks for posting.[/QUOTE

It's sweet spot seems to be 60-65 if the speedo is right. I have not had to do any mech. repairs so far. It starts right up and purrs. To my surprise it even rides real good for 1028. I expected a stiff ride with that stack of springs in the rear. It has a good home. It gets parked inside every night now. And will never have to work hard again. As you know I have other trucks for that.

cucvrus

That is all good to hear. That truck has been coast to coast twice loaded and towing and it will run flat out. Like I said I ran it hard and maintained it harder. It got washed every time it rained. Never bothered waxing it. On the trip up to you I drove my 2014 Silverado and my son passed me at places 75mph plus in your M1028A1 truck. Been doing it for 19 years. I put a rear main seal in the engine about 10 years ago. The oil was changed every 2K miles and the transmission, transfer case and differentials annually. Never any problems. Biggest parts replaced were injection pump and radiator. Other then that just minor routine maintenance and normal wear and replace parts. Thank you for the update. It is unbelievable that that is the same truck as the one I sold you. I do not have buyers remorse I am just envious and worder if it could do 19 more years of hard use? I don't think I could do the time anymore. That would put me over 70. No better not try that the truck would win.

cucvrus

014.jpg013.jpg012.jpg011.jpg010.jpg001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg008.jpg009.jpg
This is Voodoo M1009 it is a 1984 snow plow truck. It has been on the job since 1997 and has not missed a single snow storm since. It was about to meet the scrap pile. I decided to resurrect it. I showed the steering box frame repair and then the rest of the vehicle was given a good going over. After al;l the fluids were changed a new block heater was attempted to be installed when it was noticed that the cord was bad. With that fixed I sent it to the exhaust shop and had a new exhaust system installed front to back as stock and 4 new Firestone destination AT tires. the bill was $1100. But I know how well this plows and I knew I could not replace it with a reliable plow truck for less the $5K. I drove it around for a couple days with the dealer tags on and it runs fine again. When I first left the lot black smoke poured from the exhaust. It had not been on the road for at least 3 years and was driven everyday at less then 20 mph. With032.jpg new tires and exhaust it drove nice and no smoking when I pulled out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks