• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power hookup for accesories

Doug D.

trying to hook up a back up camera and place for USB hookup. Best place to get power from? Best item to use to convert to 12volt? Where to mount buss hookup? i assume buss is a place where you can hookup multiple items?

Reactions: OBX

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What generator do you have? If it's the 60 amp you'll definitely need a voltage converter. If a dual voltage unit, you can hook to the rear battery for small loads, but they won't be switched with the ignition.

The Orion 70 amp 24-12 converter has a built in relay, so you can hook it to the batteries, then wire the relay to any switched power source. With a 3 speed truck that would probably be the fan controls, in a 4 speed the transmission relay input behind the battery box.

You can also buy USB outlets that work off of 24V input, and wire them into a live circuit of the truck. if only USB they should be low enough draw as to not cause problems. One favorite place to wire in small loads like this would be the horn circuit, as it's only live when the light switch is in service or drive positions.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there is an aftermarket slave plug that has 2 USB ports.

I use it for my phone and simple accessories. Looks OE also

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
there is an aftermarket slave plug that has 2 USB ports.

I use it for my phone and simple accessories. Looks OE also

Does that plug into the diag port??? although $100 shipped seems a little high to look cool

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plugs into the slave outlet. Has a 24v inverter built in with overcharging/heating Circuit protection.

Simple solution to run low amp usb devices.

It is a veteran owned company and no more wires or drawing from rear battery inbalance seemed to me worth the price.

Cheaper solutions out there but no extra wiring or installing a fixture was a win for me.

Ymmv

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks