• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power Steering Pump Question

Zeus51

Working on a m1009. I have a donor m1009 that ran before starting to pull parts from it. I used the functioning power steering pump from the donor that was not having issues. I installed it on my project m1009 and it drives and functions. BUT, when I turn the wheel to lockout, the fluid spews out of the top of the reservoir. I’m working on it alone, so I’m unable to tell if the pressure is popping back the fill top or if the neck is cracked.

Has anyone seen this? Does it mean the pump has gone bad?

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Working on a m1009. I have a donor m1009 that ran before starting to pull parts from it. I used the functioning power steering pump from the donor that was not having issues. I installed it on my project m1009 and it drives and functions. BUT, when I turn the wheel to lockout, the fluid spews out of the top of the reservoir. I’m working on it alone, so I’m unable to tell if the pressure is popping back the fill top or if the neck is cracked.

Has anyone seen this? Does it mean the pump has gone bad?
I have seen this before and it typically has air bubbles in the fluid from the initial start and/or it is over filled. Once it sits for a bit the air bubbles should go out and can fill it to the proper level.

Zeus51

I have seen this before and it typically has air bubbles in the fluid from the initial start and/or it is over filled. Once it sits for a bit the air bubbles should go out and can fill it to the proper level.
Thanks! I thought I bled the system well but I guys it’s possible I didn’t. I’ll let it sit for while and then try again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks