• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

powerstroke in a Deuce

jrobinson5093

Has any one ever installed a 7.3 powerstroke engine in a M35a2 . Can it be made to bolt up the the stock tranny. If not will a ford 6 speed fit between the powerstroke and the transfer case.

frodobaggins

I was just wonderin if some thing ever happened to my multi fuel what it be a nice upgrade.

I think it would be more like acceptable, not like super. Kind of like if the store doesn't have Nestle Quik, I buy Hershey's syrup. That's acceptable. Nice would be upgrading to some beer... like a 6bt :)

ODdave

I would think the bellhousing from a dt444 from a bus would give you the sae 3 you need.
I have thought this would also be a good swap for a cucv.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it would be more like acceptable, not like super. Kind of like if the store doesn't have Nestle Quik, I buy Hershey's syrup. That's acceptable. Nice would be upgrading to some beer... like a 6bt :)

You're cracking me up Frodo.

:)

jrobinson5093

well its what i have and i also run it mainly on wmo so that would be a plus and i know these engines well. and the wiring is not so bad once you figure it out.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto:

I'm not a big fan of the Powerstroke. I'm sure it could be made to fit if you wanted to though.

MrM4

I guess its a better idea then a PowerlessStroke version 6.0, if you want a "GOOD" motor to transplant why not find a 12 valve CUMMINS? At least your deuce wont be ashamed to have its hood opened. They last for ever parts are cheap and HP can be gain with very little $ in upgrades. Or go for the big money and drop a 5.9 24V in it and a smarty. ;)

Seriously though if you have the block lying around it should do ok, maybe think about a BANKS Turbo if it doesn't already have one. Either way let us know what you end up doing. I think you could make it fit , worst case you do alittle relocating, hey its just money.

Last edited:

samsimpson

I second MrM4, I have had all 3, 7.3L Powerstroke, 12V Cummins and 24V Cummins with a SMARTY, Cummins hands down. If you already have the Powerstroke you could sell it and buy a Cummins and tranny and be a step ahead of the game.

jrobinson5093

well i am a big fan of the 7.3 powerstroke, even more of a fan to the duramax. the 6.0 is a boat anchor. if a had a cummins instead a would probably use it but i have a 7.3 powerstroke in my f350 if the multi ever quits on me i will use the 7.3.

ODdave

As said, Cummins is by far the first choice, defiantly not the isb (24v) though. I like the 7.3 idea and am curious to know the outcome if you get the opportunity. Swap away OP!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks