• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Presenting my new M1010

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After getting to drive this to the store a few times I must say, the bucket seats in these trucks are much more comfy than bench seat in my M1008. Now I have to come up with a jump seat to install between them. 2 kids, don't want to hear one cry when I leave without him.

Hoefler

I had a chev 3500 basic stripped truck. It didnt have arm rest or center jump seat. Picked one up on Ebay for 250 bucks. It was a brand new take out. Had a fold down seat that made into a nice counsel. Flipped it up-nice jump seat with seat belt.
Your truck is nice. Would make a sweet camper too.
Pete

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make them rock, paper, scissors for who gets to ride in back. :D
The one who got the back would claim victory!

I had a chev 3500 basic stripped truck. It didnt have arm rest or center jump seat. Picked one up on Ebay for 250 bucks. It was a brand new take out. Had a fold down seat that made into a nice counsel. Flipped it up-nice jump seat with seat belt.
Your truck is nice. Would make a sweet camper too.
Pete
Thanks Pete. I picked up a jump seat from the boneyard. It was out of a Dodge but it's just a bit too wide. Was only $13. Still shopping for another.

Csm Davis

So as I understand this, 2 of the Leece Neville 12V alts replaced the 24V units and the DUVAC. All of the factory wiring not used was closed up with shrinkwrap and secured out of the way. Since these are self excitiing and had the isolated ground, they were wired directly to the batteries. Top alt charges the front battery and the bottom charges the second. It's working wonderfully. Roy even checked voltage at the factory volt meter and made a scale so I can get real close at estimating exact voltage. Its running right at the high side of the green. Not a single was was cut or removed and he even put in fusible links ob both alternators. The last thing I'm worried about is a charging system put together by Roy. Few pics. View attachment 405813View attachment 405814View attachment 405815View attachment 405816
So I am clear you have two 12v isolated ground leece Neville ALTs setup like a standard cucv?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes Jeff, that is correct. It was all Roy's doing and seemed overly simple to me but it works wonderfully. With these self exciting 1 wire alternators, I can't see any way for the system to fail short of an alternator failure.

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice clean looking M1010. Nice ride for FL with A/C. I Live just down the street from the Port, might see you driving around.

BikerBi11

After getting to drive this to the store a few times I must say, the bucket seats in these trucks are much more comfy than bench seat in my M1008. Now I have to come up with a jump seat to install between them. 2 kids, don't want to hear one cry when I leave without him.
I just put a nice bench seat out of a red Burban in mine. It worked out really well. If I ever have a hankering, I can always put the buckets back in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks