• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Price of Gas in your area

Status
Not open for further replies.

86k10

I never thought i'd see the day it costs as much to fill a gas can as it used to take to fill my car. Gas just went to $3.27 here in town and diesel has actually come down a few cents to $2.88, it all seems kind of strange seeing the wholsale price has dropped for the past straight 10 days. I think it's time for another Boston tea party.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$3.19 a gallon here in NW Arkansas, drive down the highway about 50 miles and it's $2.71! Some serious pice fixing is going on here.
James G.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Regular is $3.40, Diesel is $3.05. C'mon FedEx, I need some more dieselgas!

JohnnyGTO

North Humboldt County: Diesel $3.15 in general, though there is a station in Arcata selling B99 for $3.05 and a Texaco selling diesel for $3.05. Premium is $3.79, regular unleaded is $3.29. Problem up here is a majority of the fuel is sent up by barge so some times we're average but when the next barge gets here we'll be .50 cents or more above average!

BillIdaho

In a land (Idaho) where diesel has always been 30 cents MORE than regular (actually meaning un-leaded), Gas is now $3.22 and diesel is actually down to about $2.85! A real bargain.
It's ultimatley OUR fault....we pay it. And as long as we pay for it, they'll keep raising it. That's what it boils down to.

86k10

That's exactly right, we need to get together and we could if we really wanted to bad enough. But there are to many with the attitude we can't do anything. It's a good thing they didn't think that way when this country first started or we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. Our government is way out of hand and it's long past time to do something about it.

mucekok

saw diesel here in TX for $2.59 the other day. regular gas about $2.80 i think... don't buy much of it. was forced to pay $3.37 for gas once while trailering my duece home. that hurt!

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I filled up yesterday at the flying j in baytown for 2.55. gas is running about 2.75. sounds like somebodys comgressman needs a good talking to. Couldn't they help us on the fuel taxes abit?????

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hehehe the truck stops in Va. are cheap for cash purchase of diesel. In the $2.50 range. I paid $2.44 on the way to Aberdeen and $2.46 on the way home. I topped the duece and all my jerry cans to the absolute top. No expansion room at all, but I would burn a few immediately. I think it is because we have some refineries in Va. or we are at the end of a big pipe, but Va. is cheap depending on the area you are in. Unleaded fuel around my home if I look is around $2.80.

dabtl

For 60 years the rule was to not upset the Middle East, support the Saudi Royal Family and keep the price down.

All that went out the window with 'transformational diplomacy.' Now gas is $2.89 for regular here.

Ah, for the good old days.

5tonpuller

In ny it is about $3.05 -$3.15. There was a place that was $2.88 for reg. ( change this morning. ( a** holes) Gas should not be more then a dollar in this country. The 1/4 earnings for these comps. are way past the roof.

86k10

That's a nice crane there, only I can picture a few oil execs hanging there by there you know what's. After all it would only be fair, they have always got a hold of ours.

littlebob

I just went to get gas for the lawnmower thise evening and spent $20.00 on about three gallons.I filled up the Suburban yesterday and spent $85.00 and it didn't think too much about it, but the $20.00 for three gallons makes me think I need a second job.
Gas is $2.80-$2.90 here

BKinzey

About $3.50 for cheap. Haven't seen over $3.90 yet.

About that shale oil. A good producing well pumps itself as it's under pressure. An OK one needs to be pumped. Now contrast that with the procedure in the article. Lots more stuff going on there and they don't mention the chemical processes that are hazardous to get it out of the ground.

Shale oil is also very high in sulfur and needs extra processing to make fuel out of it. It's a big process to use a fuel we should be looking to get away from. Not trading one bad process for another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks