• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Price of Gas in your area

Status
Not open for further replies.

westfolk

On the western PA/NY line (but still in PA and not paying that NY tax) we just went to $2.95 for cheap unleaded. Off-road Diesel is at $2.23.
Funny no one mentioned the price of Kerosine. Remember when that was always cheap? Shoot around here it has stayed at about $2.49 steady for the last few years. While gas and diesel go up and down it stays the same. What's that?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We call that sticky pricing. Diesel and gas do that a little. When a barrel of crude goes up, you can believe that the next day, the price there will go up. When crude prices drop off, it takes a long time before the pump prices to drop hence Sticky

OSO

Out here in the Northwest ,just about 45 miles from 3 oil refineries fuel is $2.89 Diesel, $ 3.55 unleaded, $3.89 for premium gas. I will not be buying fuel on May 15 2cents OSO

Scrambler

Gas prices went down a little overhere. Now it is around $ 7.50 per gallon. I am glad my Jeep is running on propane, which cost about a third of the gasoline price. My M36A2 is running on anything liquid, like used engine oil, mixed with kerosine and french-fries-grease and stuff like that.

AJMBLAZER

I can't wait to make my biodiesel still...

...the sad part is we're a couple years away from that at best.

There's more to this situation than a lot of people have said and please don't be foolish enough to blame one group for this. About the only innocent person is the guy at the gas station as all he can do is answer the phone and then go change the sign. Some local redneck got arrested for assaulting a gas station owner because he couldn't afford gas a while back. Moron. Funny thing was he owned a couple year old fullsize pickup.

Oil companies, OPEC, world governments, shitty luck, environmentalists, and ourselves have made the situation we're in now happen.

Personally I'd like to see A LOT more diesel powered vehicles. That alone would drop our dependence a noticable amount. My gas powered Tracker got 25mpg stock while the diesel counterpart in Europe gets 10mpg more. Someone explain to me why I can't buy a diesel powered Tracker here?

I have a 180 mile each way road trip coming up with the pickup too...yeah...

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Scrambler said:
Gas prices went down a little overhere. Now it is around $ 7.50 per gallon. I am glad my Jeep is running on propane, which cost about a third of the gasoline price. My M36A2 is running on anything liquid, like used engine oil, mixed with kerosine and french-fries-grease and stuff like that.
When figuring the price per gallon on the Netherlands are you using the same type of gallon measurement that we are here in the USA? From what I understand a gallon is larger in several European countries then here.

AJMBLAZER

If I remember right the Imperial gallon is 1.2 US gallons if that helps.

The funny part is the English came up with both measurements.

ultim8gamr

maccus said:
I am sure that most of you have seen this as it is going around the internet...........I for one will not buy any fuel on the 15th.........all it will accomplish is to show the big oil folks that the little people can and will do something more drastic if they don't get their stuff in order........we CAN organize if we have to........

NO GAS...On May 15th 2007
Don't pump gas on may 15th..........

..in April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places (us).

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take
$2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldn't) resend this to all your contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"
a friend had suggested that i take part in this but i have one big problem with the whole idea. sure maybe the gas companies/stations will suffer on the 15th. but the next day when everyone fills back up they will make it back. unless this is made into a longterm standoff from filling up i dont think it will make much of a difference.
just my 2cents

JDToumanian

I believe the picture of the Shell station in San Francisco is a PhotoShopped fake. The photo is supposedly dated May 10, 2007, yet Yahoo! says the highest price for gas in San Francisco is $3.79 right now, which is what I would expect as gas in the Bay Area tends to cost $0.10 per gallon more than the California average. It's $3.50 - $3.60 in my area.

Jon

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
This is photoshopped, but it's still accurate.

Attachments

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ultim8gamr said:
maccus said:
I am sure that most of you have seen this as it is going around the internet...........I for one will not buy any fuel on the 15th....

<trim)

If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldn't) resend this to all your contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"
a friend had suggested that i take part in this but i have one big problem with the whole idea. sure maybe the gas companies/stations will suffer on the 15th. but the next day when everyone fills back up they will make it back. unless this is made into a longterm standoff from filling up I dont think it will make much of a difference.
just my 2cents
The effect is to inconvenience them a bit, as they will have minor storage and logistics annoyance for a couple days, if that. The bulk of the effect decribed in the internet post is urban legend. see:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp

westfolk

I said yesterday that is was $2.95 for cheap unleaded. Well that was yesterday. Today it's $2.99 for the cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks