• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Prices finally dropping.. phew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been watching for the 6.5's and 242 T/C's. I have plans for about another 10-15 of them and I know the prices will keep falling but I bought these today JUST in case sales get cut. To me it's still cheap insurance because my plan was to purchase all of them with titles and I didn't plan on using them for public road use anyways.

What's this about Australian HMMWV's?
i guess you could look at it like a stock?..dollar cost averaging.

DoctorCheney223

i guess you could look at it like a stock?..dollar cost averaging.
That's how I have to look at it. These are for business and I already know what I was willing to pay for them before so saving myself $7-$10K right off the start is a win for me. Now with all the money I would spent I can actually purchase another ten trucks and use them for donor trucks. I know that many of the trucks were reset before going to DRMO and you can definitely tell which ones were at canpoint so I can pick spare/donor trucks that are pretty much in new condition.

V/R
Ron M Cheney

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have access to a listing of federal surplus property in one of these United States and they are being offered to gov't agencies for $2300 ( no non profits yet)

It indicates to me what they are trying to get out of them and I suspect the flood to come.....

SEAFIRE

I have access to a listing of federal surplus property in one of these United States and they are being offered to gov't agencies for $2300 ( no non profits yet)

It indicates to me what they are trying to get out of them and I suspect the flood to come.....
The DRMO / Texas Facilities Commission yards in San Antonio and DFW have a lot of them now.

Some of our members have been clamoring for one for years now, we even put in a request with the Texas Forest Service for one to no avail years back; a two door model for a light brush truck?

Some of the ones with the "hard" doors and tops have A/C units even.

Can we get them titled? I dunno, but we're gonna find out. I guess we'll have to make a trip up to see which ones have 6.5's, etc.

If so will be a good low cost chassis for a brush truck for VFD's.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423285039.068997.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423285061.067919.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The DRMO / Texas Facilities Commission yards in San Antonio and DFW have a lot of them now.

Some of our members have been clamoring for one for years now, we even put in a request with the Texas Forest Service for one to no avail years back; a two door model for a light brush truck?

Some of the ones with the "hard" doors and tops have A/C units even.

Can we get them titled? I dunno, but we're gonna find out. I guess we'll have to make a trip up to see which ones have 6.5's, etc.

If so will be a good low cost chassis for a brush truck for VFD's.

View attachment 541224

View attachment 541225
The ones I saw listed are "off road" no title

m715mike

Dropping prices

The numbers from GovPlanet speak for themselves:

AuctionQuantityLowestHighestAverage
DateSoldClose PriceClose PriceClose Price
12/17/201425$21,500$41,000$29,760
1/7/201511$23,500$39,500$28,091
1/14/201515$17,000$35,500$23,667
1/21/201525$10,000$32,500$15,600
1/28/201526$10,000$32,500$16,288
2/4/201537$6,250$24,000$14,169
Grand Total139$6,250$41,000$19,754

This shows a 52% decline in average closing auction prices in less than 2 months.

3dAngus

Anxious to see prices in the Southeast now that we are seeing some finally come up for sale on this side of the Mississippi, and south of DC.

3dAngus

Oops!
I missed the Feb.4 th auctions completely and after looking at the website, i can see prices are well down here too.
Many just breaking above the minimum bid of $10k.
If it keeps this up, they may have to lower the opening bid.

Blackmagic94

I was just at the Barstow USMC Logicistic Depot to do a recovery and took a look at the 100 M998s they had there, out of the 100 I would say 5-10 are decent and the rest are really really rough

The ****ty part was the stack of nice green gun trucks with X doors and uparmor awaiting foreign sales or the chop. Wish they would sell slantbacks to us.

Amer-team

Have they made a policy choice on these vehicles yet? Yes they are for sale, no they are not (at least not in one piece). It looks like another batch of nice looking vehicles isn't going to the auction block, but to the shredder block. Why sell them for 5 or 10 grand apiece when you can get a couple thousand for a whole pile of them?

jasonjc

Just drove past my NG unit they have row and rows of real clean nice looking 4 door soft tops. So they have a lot more to get rid of.

NEIOWA

The State Fed Surplus Office and Foresters (if they are participation in HMMWV) get the trucks at NO cost. So anything they are charging you is to pay for transportation and to maintain the lifestyle to which they have becomed accustomed (as govt employees). So negotiate the price/transport yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks