• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Prisoner Transport Deuce?

oldMan99

New Mexico has some down right beautiful parts... and some down right terrible parts. The drive from Albuquerque to here is nothing but miles and miles filled with miles and miles.
Sounds like I-10 in West Texas. Drove it once in the early 80's in a 26' U-Haul that maxed at 45mph. I believe that one section of Texas took me about a month....lol... It was so straight and flat I could have tied off the steering wheel, put a brick on the pedal had lunch and then taken a good long nap.

I did have one interesting moment when a USAF B-52 crossed the road about a hundred yards in front of me at about 200 feet AGL. I swear I could (Almost) see the pilot wave.... Probably would have missed that if I was napping.. :)

RGS20inophir

I think the stretch on highway 54 from Tucumcari, NM to Liberal, KS is the very definition of the drive that never ends. There is NOTHING out there. When I have a little more cash for fuel in the deuce I will take some pictures of it out at the VLA
. I guess I need to finish my biodiesel reactor / WMO filter setup. Goodnes knows the cold weather is over with down here.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You had one of these boxes as well? Is there an NSN# or were they all "custom?" I have gone looking all over it to try to find a tag somewhere to no avail.

New Mexico has some down right beautiful parts... and some down right terrible parts. The drive from Albuquerque to here is nothing but miles and miles filled with miles and miles.

Yes, I had one on my very first truck I won at GL, key word being "had".

I pulled the truck out of the barn one day and pulled the backhoe up behind it and proceeded to remove it.

:)

fasttruck

After the 1967-68 riots NG units with urban area concentrations built "jail" trucks on M35 platforms. I predict that some plan was provided by NGB to keep everything uniform and the bodies were built in CSMS facilities and installed on existing trucks. By the time I came along the threat for urban violence had subsided and the trucks were used to haul weapons or ammo until they were surplused out. As most of ours were gas jobs they all disappeared years ago and the body add ons were not retained.

RGS20inophir

Nice truck. Are you sure the Border Patrol didn't use it to transport "undocumented aliens" back to their country of origin? ;)
:funny:With 1200 miles since the depot rebuild in 92' I am thinking not. ;)

I still think the zombie theory is the most plausiblerofl2 national labs in one state... sounds like a recipe for the flesh eating un-dead to me. Heck... we had a zombie invasion here on campus a while back...[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTchWyOyh70[/media]

lexluther

Nice truck. Are you sure the Border Patrol didn't use it to transport "undocumented aliens" back to their country of origin? ;)
A duce is not big enough, they use a bus.

You might be on to somthing with the zombie angle...did you watch the Zombie episode of Shooting Gallery?

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cause they are HUUUUGGGGEEEEEE and I tend to post my photos up for friends/family to see as well. One place for all photos makes life easy.8) Plus... I can track photo hits on photobucket. Remember... on the interwebz someone is always watching...:wink:

EASY for you, young soldier, means a REAL HASSLE for your 25,000 fellow SteelSoldiers - <sigh> You do the math and be a good troop, please.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like I-10 in West Texas. Drove it once in the early 80's in a 26' U-Haul that maxed at 45mph. I believe that one section of Texas took me about a month....lol... It was so straight and flat I could have tied off the steering wheel, put a brick on the pedal had lunch and then taken a good long nap.

I did have one interesting moment when a USAF B-52 crossed the road about a hundred yards in front of me at about 200 feet AGL. I swear I could (Almost) see the pilot wave.... Probably would have missed that if I was napping.. :)
OM:
The West Texas Detachment of the SS welcomes you to come back out here whenever you'd like to drop off some "tourista dollars". Glad your experience was so memorable.
John

jollyroger

Nice truck.......And I vote for the V-Plow method of Zombie dispatching......It is just comic relief to have Zombies flipping off to both sides with a clear path for your buddies to follow behind you. And the occasional midsections severing from the center plate of the V-Plow. :wink:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck.......And I vote for the V-Plow method of Zombie dispatching......It is just comic relief to have Zombies flipping off to both sides with a clear path for your buddies to follow behind you. And the occasional midsections severing from the center plate of the V-Plow. :wink:
Dang, Dude! You have such a way with words :cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks