• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

problem with oshkosh equipment BEWARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

prattcobra

I wired them the money first before the truck even came to me and was completed.

They still show the truck on their web site. I should have backed out of it when it was shipped with a bad transfer case. from the get go.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I wired them the money first before the truck even came to me and was completed.

They still show the truck on their web site. I should have backed out of it when it was shipped with a bad transfer case. from the get go.
Dont beat your self to bad, WE all have over paid or have done something similar, you learned a lesson PAINT WILL COVER A BUNCH OF SINS, ever wonder why used cars on the lot have 3 coats of HIGH gloss wax.

And remember the MIND sees what the EYES think they see, this is what the art of camouflage is all about.. USED car and truck dealers are masters at this.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No inspection ,no warranty , paid way to much, they replace the transfer case which they had no obligation to do to make you happy . This tread is nothing but buyer remorse for your failures in this purchess , nit picking a 40 year old truck to justify not paying for the parts they shipped . they went above and beyond to try to make you happy but i think the only thing that will do that is a refund , but then you probaly feel you should keep the truck like the parts you don't want to pay for or return . Pay them for the parts or ship them back and move on , it is a expensive lesson in doing your homework in buying a MV put it in the past and enjoy the hobby . Chalk it up as a lesson in the school of hard knocks .

:deadhorse:

KsM715

Conduct: SteelSoldiers.Com is designed to be a family-friendly and clean website. The forum discussions can be lively and informative without degrading into vulgarity. As a registered SteelSoldiers.Com member, it is your responsibility to make sure that you DO NOT:
Repetitive pro or anti-vendor material. Anti-vendor material that is not well-founded (3rd party hearsay) will not be tolerated. Excessive pro-vendor posting (cheerleading) will not be tolerated either.

Enough. Let this thread fizzle out.

hasteranger

If they misrepresented the truck to you, you relied on their misrepresentations, and you were damaged as a result, you have a valid suit for fraud.

You also have breach of expressed warranty if they told you that the truck was leak free and it leaked.

You may have additional implied warranties (such as an implied warranty of merchantibility) depending on your state law.

If I were you I'd sue them to fix the truck or buy it back. But then again, I'm a lawyer...

prattcobra

yea.. they never sent me the parts to have it fixed. Nor I am I going to pay they for the parts for the truck that were bad. They still show the truk on their web site and put in in adds. I think they do this to get another sucker.

I was atvised by an Attorney not to pay them a cent.

hasteranger

yea.. they never sent me the parts to have it fixed. Nor I am I going to pay they for the parts for the truck that were bad. They still show the truk on their web site and put in in adds. I think they do this to get another sucker.

Well I'm not sure who you talked to, but generally you don't want to just ignore someone who is a creditor (or potentially a creditor).

If I were you, I would document the things that have happened in pictures, and then write a letter to the dealer. In that letter, I'd start by writing down the warranties and guarantees they expressed to you, either orally or in writing, and if orally, who said them and when. Then I'd detail the problems you have had with the truck, the times you have contacted them, and their responses. Finally, I'd tell them what you want to happen. If you want them to fix the truck, tell them you want it repaired with a warranty on the repairs. I'd also address the bill they sent you in the letter. Point out that under the warranties and guarantees they expressed or implied upon purchase, the issues should have been fixed. Tell them that you did not agree to pay for the parts and believed they sent you the parts under the warranty. Tell them that you would not have accepted the parts if you believed you would have to pay for them. I'd also make sure you remind them that they expressed warranties that the vehicle would be in a condition that it was not in, and the parts are necessary to repair the vehicle to the condition it was supposed to be in upon delivery, and that not only will you refuse to pay for the parts, but that you are also requesting that they repair the vehicle. Make copies of the pictures and attach them to the letter. Make a copy of the whole packet, and then send it to them certified mail so that they can't say they didn't get it.

This letter should cover your butt if you do for some reason end up in court.

BTW I do not practice law in your state. This is not legal advice but merely information. Before relying on this information you should consult with a licensed attorney in your state.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Did your attorney advise you to NOT post in a public forum, all your issues on this?

I would offer you that advise(free).

Status
Not open for further replies.