• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project in progress / Brush Fire Truck / lots of pics added

m139h2otruck

Was this truck a converted gasser? The reason I ask is the de-gasser cable on the photos of the dash. What year is truck, if you know?

I agree, the new style steering is a lot nicer on the driver than the old. Our H2O truck has the old style, and it seems to fight you a little at low speeds, while on the road it has a tendency to slightly wander. This could be due to the 46 year old tires maybe. The new tractor has been converted to the new style, and of course, the M812A1 has the new type.

NEIOWA

Our DOD/FEPP surplus wildland truck

AF surplus dump truck. 1988 IH1854 4x4 18000mi. DT360 Allison. Only 185hp but does well off road. Has 600gal water tank - Army (CH47 internal ferry fuel tank/pod), 40' telescopic light tower/radio mast - Navy, 3kw diesel genset - AF.

Last week picked up a 2nd unit (6800mi) which will become a hosewagon carrying a reel with 6" LDH.

Article in "Fire Chief" this week about our use of FEPP for rebuilding our FD.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks