• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Again - re-paint

zout

So with the gallon of Marquee Behr paint I was only going to paint the RIMS with - are you now looking to have the chassis in flat black as well - me painter - you owner - let me know what your thinkin. I like the concept either way personally - but EH its not my truck. (yes I see the grille in black as well).

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stop the Whaa, Whaa, Whaa and get busy. What is a post without pictures. By the way, the base vehicle is "PINK" and not tan. Just for the record.

Pink.jpg

Last edited:

bigugh20

Looking forward to the show. Hopefully I'll get to paint mine one of these years. It kind of has a faded 4 color merdc paint job that looks like it was put on with a mop or maybe some of those fuzzy gloves that you get to wash your car with. It has to be nice to have nice straight, prepped metal to start with.

Scarecrow1

Finished mine last month before Christmas and still waiting for warmer weather to come to take care of some touch up and other little things . I'm interested in seeing one completely change its color. ...good luck

zout

Correct - no stripping - no sandblasting behind your backs - what you see pictures of doing it will be how it gets done - nothing hidden -even how much water is used to reduce - types of guns - tip sizes - sand paper grit -type of masking paper - how to tape off - everything to help anyone.

The only thing that is going to get sanded and lightly metal primed is the BIG rust spots on the back of the mirror heads (yes new could be bought and slapped on but this is NOT what this Project is about - its for the fellas that cannot afford a big paint job - extra expense but want to look really really good.)

I called the Garage Monkeys to see if they needed an extra piece for a show - but they said they were not hiring knuckleheads for projects - we'll show them fellas.

This is exactly how I painted the M909 folks - so I know it works.

Another Ahab

papabear;1498135[COLOR=#ffff00 said:
]I'll loan you my Tutu if ya need it![/COLOR]
Oh, no, Flashback:

- getting the image of that bathing beauty avatar (and that ain't pretty)

Was it gimpyrob's?!

Last edited:

zout

problem with wearing that dress is everyone would keep trying to look up it - bunch o sicko's.

Anyhow back to the program scheduled:
5 Ton at the top of the hill when I got out of work - it was in the mid 50's today with some good sunshine and wind all day so there was enough dried out of the mud pit next to the garage to walk it up and out of their under her own power - never slipped a tire.

Saturday - suppose to rain but I do not care because I will be washing the undercarriage anyhow and will be soaked anyhow - so we'll get that done. I'll get ya a pic of the two soaps I will be using along with just an elec power washer - I think its an 1800 psi.
Now If I could get it to work and pressure wash it without the slim chance of getting fired over it I would do that - 250 degree and 3600 psi - it is a killer pressure washer over there - but back to reality and the real world.

Should start to see some action happening now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks