• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project time once again Swiss's CUCV

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay here are some pictures of the progress. Knowing Zout these pictures are almost 24 hours old so the truck may be done at this point :).

We had a good day, I was trying to do a quick in and out but Commander Z started mixing paint and I was captured. The paint is still wet in many pictures so you will see gradients in the color and the fluorescent lights totally mess up the color. It was changing as it dried before our eyes and today will be even different.

I always get the good assignments and got the stir the paint! It was great to the Warp Commander Z in action. The whole truck was sprayed in less than 35 minutes. It took longer to refill the spray gun and prep the paint then the spraying itself.

Attachments

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the Commanders famous line?

"I found some more pictures hiding on the camera" aua

Attachments

MarcusOReallyus

you will see gradients in the color and the fluorescent lights totally mess up the color. It was changing as it dried before our eyes and today will be even different.

So, you're saying the truck is actually lime green?

Or maybe a more manly chartreuse?

:mrgreen:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the Afrika Korps Panzer CUCV, closest thing that I am going to get to a tank per my wife :(

The color is authentic.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I know I'm gonna regret saying this when you fellers finish but I kinda like the color.

Besides, you can't REALLY tell what it looks like til it's good and dry and outside!:D

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
But it is sooooooooo easy to pick on him via our keyboards......:p

zout

When Swiss showed me the sample plate of color - I thought it was a great color - after all and I dislike saying this but Germans were masters at CAMO - this shows it right off the bat it took some mixing and getting this color right.

Attached is the name of the paint for those wishing to see it. I did find this is not just a mix and shoot paint - this is taking a little brain work on my part to shoot it smooth - you can tell by the screens there is a lot of chit in this can and it was not introduced by me either. Any body line that has a curve or like the mirror area the paint is not conducive to swirl areas - it wants to grain up and lay in the surface - yes I did all the spray methods - but I found it needs a tad more reducing and sitting time in the mixing cup before shooting it - you can tell by the second coat - this will also get a lighter sand to it than the first which was TOTALLY sanded with 400 wet. Third coat will probably lay on top of a 600 grit wet sanding. This stuff is still drying out in these pic's so wait till its all done before decisions on liking or it looks like baby poop.
Photo2345.jpgPhoto2346.jpgPhoto2347.jpgPhoto2348.jpgPhoto2349.jpgPhoto2350.jpgPhoto2351.jpgPhoto2352.jpgPhoto2353.jpgPhoto2354.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks