• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project time once again Swiss's CUCV

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder how many gallons of IFS green I will need for the M814. We will find out, as soon as Ferro builds his shop.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well that was a total waste of posts! I was looking forward to some progress pictures and all I got was gibberish.
If that is ALL have to post, WHY post a NO VALUE POST, at least the other post had something worth reading,

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For GE's viewing pleasure. Here is a picture we missed after the wet sanding of the Epoxy primer. Check out the reflection in the body panels! Sweet.

Attachments

goldneagle

Actually they are posts not pages. Yes I saw them and am impressed with the Commander's work as usual. That is why I look at this thread.

73m819 I can always rely on you disagreeing with me. I guess that is where the saying "Grumpy old men" came from.

goldneagle

Actually I live on the EAST coast most of my life and that is not east coast gibberish. It's just gibberish. Isn't there an MV they could be working on that would be more time productive? That is why the COMMANDER get so much work done!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually they are posts not pages. Yes I saw them and am impressed with the Commander's work as usual. That is why I look at this thread. .
GE I don't want to get nit picky but for an accurate representation the Steel Soldiers site architecture is as follows:

Site:
Forums:
Threads:
Pages:
I directed to you to a URL link that is specifically linked to a page, see the url link below: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?109072-Project-time-once-again-Swiss-s-CUCV/page15

I could have directed you to a URL link that is specifically a post, see an example link below:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...Swiss-s-CUCV&p=1389432&viewfull=1#post1389432

I do believe my post was accurate in saying, please see the thread pages starting at page 15 through page 17 comprised of ~28 posts with at least 10 of these posts including detailed pictures.

We will try and keep down the giberish. Dont worry Z will be posting new progress in about 4 hours :naner:

We will now return to our regularily scheduled program.

Last edited:

goldneagle

GE I don't want to get nit picky but for an accurate representation the Steel Soldiers site architecture is as follows:

Site:
Forums:
Threads:
Pages:
I directed to you to a URL link that is specifically linked to a page, see the url link below: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?109072-Project-time-once-again-Swiss-s-CUCV/page15

I could have directed you to a URL link that is specifically a post, see an example link below:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...Swiss-s-CUCV&p=1389432&viewfull=1#post1389432

I do believe my post was accurate in saying, please see the thread pages starting at page 15 through page 17 comprised of ~28 posts with at least 10 of these posts including detailed pictures.

We will try and keep down the giberish. Dont worry Z will be posting new progress in about 4 hours :naner:

We will now return to our regularily scheduled program.
You page count is not accurate -since it relies on my browser setting being the same as yours. I only have 5 pages of posts in this thread because my posts per page are set up different. Therefore it would be more useful to use the the post count -since it does not change due to browser settings.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a good example of the color differences in fluorescent lights versus natural light. The paint is the same paint, color same vehicle etc.

This is not 100% accurate given the fact that the inside picture is probably 1st coat given the primer is still on the boogies and the outside looks like it has additional coats of paint. I see brown on the left and more green on the inside. What do you see? (Tinswoodsman and Warthog are not allowed to answer :))

I added a picture of the Tiger M1009 for reference.

Attachments

Last edited:

zout

Well - seeing how this is MY thread - I do not stay as anal retentive as most folks and live life so critical or by pin pointing chit out all the time.

I work a full shift as a fleet manager and my phone goes off 24/7 365 days a year - I work for a living - and I mean WORK.
I take care of 7 terminals - 640 trailers - 397 powered units - and anything that has to do with each terminal from over head doors - pallet jacks - hand carts - roll up doors etc etc etc etc etc.
MY job would literally kill a lesser man.

Working on anything is all done in my FREE time - every waking moment - this alone would kill a lesser man that is TV addicted - Electronically dependant to play with toys - I WORK. I have no time to screw around or be politically correct to answer - take it what ever way ya want but get over it.

I learn how to release the BS of everyday life with my friends and the ones that have met me personally GET IT - anyone else I do not care if you get it or not - my life does not revolve around you.

CUCV was sanded tonight after I got home at 4:30 and it is now 7:24 posting.
First wet sand with 400
Seconds with 600
Third with 3000
Wiped down and ready for paint - so if you ask or wonder why I did not paint it to make you HAPPY - I did not feel like it. I do this all by myself from start to finish - I do NOT CALL anyone to figure out how to do CHIT - I already know how.
I do not ask permission - I just do it. Therefore after seeing all my builds I have NOTHING to prove except to myself as no one else counts. If I hurt someones feeling I do not care - I have disassociated Personality Disorder - go check it out.

Here is tonights work.
Photo2363.jpgPhoto2364.jpgPhoto2367.jpgPhoto2368.jpgPhoto2369.jpgPhoto2370.jpgPhoto2371.jpgPhoto2372.jpgPhoto2373.jpgPhoto2374.jpg

goldneagle

Thank you for posting the progress pictures. As usual I see a work of art in progress. I bow to the magnificent work done by the Commander. Wish my truck was on the waiting list for your talents. :not worthy::not worthy:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well - seeing how this is MY thread - I do not stay as anal retentive as most folks and live life so critical or by pin pointing chit out all the time.
I work a full shift as a fleet manager and my phone goes off 24/7 365 days a year - I work for a living - and I mean WORK.
I take care of 7 terminals - 640 trailers - 397 powered units - and anything that has to do with each terminal from over head doors - pallet jacks - hand carts - roll up doors etc etc etc etc etc.
MY job would literally kill a lesser man.
Working on anything is all done in my FREE time - every waking moment - this alone would kill a lesser man that is TV addicted - Electronically dependant to play with toys - I WORK. I have no time to screw around or be politically correct to answer - take it what ever way ya want but get over it.
I learn how to release the BS of everyday life with my friends and the ones that have met me personally GET IT - anyone else I do not care if you get it or not - my life does not revolve around you.
CUCV was sanded tonight after I got home at 4:30 and it is now 7:24 posting.
First wet sand with 400
Seconds with 600
Third with 3000
Wiped down and ready for paint - so if you ask or wonder why I did not paint it to make you HAPPY - I did not feel like it. I do this all by myself from start to finish - I do NOT CALL anyone to figure out how to do CHIT - I already know how.
I do not ask permission - I just do it. Therefore after seeing all my builds I have NOTHING to prove except to myself as no one else counts. If I hurt someones feeling I do not care - I have disassociated Personality Disorder - go check it out.
Here is tonights work.
View attachment 439367View attachment 439368View attachment 439369View attachment 439370View attachment 439371View attachment 439372View attachment 439373View attachment 439374View attachment 439375View attachment 439376
Well, I've met you many times and I know that everything you said above is true...BUT!!!

I betcha ya can't stand on your head and gargle peanut butter!!:naner:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks