• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project time once again Swiss's CUCV

zout

Must be Swiss bumped his head - he wants to come over Sun (7/14) to play with his CUCV - I see work getting done on the bumpers - grille - grille trim - guard and also decision for nods UP or thumbs down on what I need to show him.

Have room to get the topper in and get started on that as well.
CUCV has my undivided attention till its done - the other stuff that just got home is going no where and can wait till I am done with my commitments.

Try to get the CUCV outside tomorrow so you can see the color in full GA sun.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hey Swiss...Zout was telling me yesterday that you found some "invisible paint" and was gonna spray it on the CUCV??

I "THINK" I would like to have some for my er..."special mission vehicles" but how would I find them when needed?:papabear:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Swiss...Zout was telling me yesterday that you found some "invisible paint" and was gonna spray it on the CUCV??

I "THINK" I would like to have some for my er..."special mission vehicles" but how would I find them when needed?:papabear:
just like James Bond!! GPS

we are working on trim paint and roof

life is good :)

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That black trim against the brown looks super. Me likey!!!! But, please don't let Swiss walk around half neked if insists in being in the pictures. :-o

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Commander Warp is now Commander Stealth. I have no idea when he is taking pictures. We kicked some b.tt today. I worked on the top and Zout worked on the Black, special color mix from another good soldier. It really makes the finish. I got the seats apart today which was a bit of work.

Great Day and we got alot done. Played with the finish and discussed the next approach. The 909 looks killer on the hill and I know Zout is Dying to get started on some things. The 900 Series is the right truck for that shelter :)

Thanks Z, had a great time and learned some more things today!

zout

Topper attack day - when someone cut in and hacked in rear lights to the topper fiberglass - they cut into both angles and whatever did not conform was filled (and I mean FILLED) with silicone - removed and repaired and ready to shoot into primer as soon as I have a Twinkie or two for lunch. With they had one with cream cheese inside of it to wash down with my Coke.Photo2433.jpgPhoto2434.jpgPhoto2435.jpgPhoto2436.jpgPhoto2437.jpgPhoto2438.jpgPhoto2439.jpgPhoto2440.jpg

zout

Now you don't see any holes - in primer as well with the high build Matrix product. This has to sit 24 hrs before sanding on it because it is epoxy as well. Got bored as the paint to finish is MIA and looks like there is some hold up on it so I decided to whip out the sand blaster and hit them wheels - got em blown out and wiped down and sprayed as well back in the garage. Looks like I have to resort to extreme measures and bring the M909 down to the garage seeing as there is NO PAINT to continue on. I do not want to stir up and dust in the garage with the topper in primer so that seems like an excellent excuse (I learned that from PB) (how to work yourself into a hole). :papabear:Photo2441.jpgPhoto2442.jpgPhoto2443.jpgPhoto2444.jpgPhoto2445.jpg

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I let all the air out of the 909 tires yesterday in case you got tempted. The big boy is not moving anywhere :)