• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PULL OUT CAMPER STAIRCASE

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Throb throb! Wonder if there would be some way to make some sort of rollup curtain (chain mail) or like a mini blind? Now you got my creative juices flowing for the Rino. There is a place down the street that makes bullet proof stuff for vehicles. I think kevlar curtains and pads.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was real excited until I did some measuring, even with the 2" body lift there is no way to build stow away steps on my S788, I picked these up at auction for almost nothing and plan on using the treads, the deep one can be cut down to the same size as the other two, the S788 only uses three steps so it must be a little bit more than the standard which I think is a 10" rise even though the last step is the shelter itself.
Steps.jpg
Barefoot friendly ;)

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can just toss them inside as they have to be in place to get it the shelter anyway, I am hoping to stow the spare on the door instead of the ladder.
Tire only, it would be too heavy with the rim, I am going to have onboard air so I can literately change the tire without removing the rim from the truck.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can just toss them inside as they have to be in place to get it the shelter anyway, I am hoping to stow the spare on the door instead of the ladder.
Tire only, it would be too heavy with the rim, I am going to have onboard air so I can literately change the tire without removing the rim from the truck.
You dont need many steps to get into your truck have you looked at the fold down steps like on 5th wheel campers is more of what you need

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No place to attach them, and if there was they would conflict with my plans that is why I don't want to simply hang them on the rear like the factory ladder (seems to be ALWAYS missing) also the shelter is MUCH higher than any camper I have ever seen the threshold is 45"
EDIT The ones I showed above were supposed to go inside the door, you would open the door then fold them out, biggest problem with that is it is only built where the top step is at the same height as the threshold which would be way too short for this application

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah…. I would love to see $80 steps like that…. All I found were expensive as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The ones I have found that actually look like the ones shown are in the $600 range, this would not necessarily disqualify them but I have not found any listed that give enough detail about mounting size/area information, one simply said find a place to locate the steps and mark and drill holes...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Cause you aren't going to find them online. Not everything is found online.

Simply call brophy or torklift and ask for discontinued steps they may have in stock or clearance and or shipping damage ones. Some may have a slight bend in one step and they will sell them over letting them go to scrap.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These right here are about 80 bucks and accordion fold up and fold under for storage
Only problem is, pulling them up while you're already inside..

I learned how fun it was to pull in the hard stairs every night, to secure access to the truck, from INSIDE the truck... :D

These were the steel stairs, not the aluminum ones...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Only problem is, pulling them up while you're already inside..

I learned how fun it was to pull in the hard stairs every night, to secure access to the truck, from INSIDE the truck... :D

These were the steel stairs, not the aluminum ones...
Those campers have crawl thrus from the cab so that was easy. Or leave em Down and just add a door lock. Those lock. Plus several weapons inside.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The area I have to work with is 8" high and 17" deep.
IMG_20220209_104949250.jpg

It does not look like it but it is 17" from the rear face of the shelter to the cross piece marked sling and tie-down.
I need to know if this is enough space before I get too excited:cool:
Edit, it looks like the picture of the RV with the steps collapsed and stowed underneath may require room to "swing" the steps down.
Face mounting the steps as shown in the factory videos (Torklift) may work if there is enough clearance for the pintle hook while stowed.
The Brophy website states steps must be removed before travel
2ND EDIT, Brophy responded and says all returns etc are scrapped

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks