• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PULL OUT CAMPER STAIRCASE

Rhino 5/4

No i want the panel to be flat closer to the glass and one piece that compleatly folds over from the roof to where it would rest using the nerf bar across the top of the windshield to hinge on i will post a pic of the bars im thinking aboutView attachment 858306
Been 1079 shopping and I saw this with top nerf bar. I like the ladder as well. Easy access for the dancing beauties hehehe.
Brutus_Cover.jpg

coachgeo

Been 1079 shopping and I saw this with top nerf bar. I like the ladder as well. Easy access for the dancing beauties hehehe.
View attachment 858493
any place that makes cages for jeeps etc. will be able to make you one of these. Heck even a local offroader with his own tube bender and experience could make this. Ask around in 4wd groups in/around your area for leads on who to seek out.

Rhino 5/4

any place that makes cages for jeeps etc. will be able to make you one of these. Heck even a local offroader with his own tube bender and experience could make this. Ask around in 4wd groups in/around your area for leads on who to seek out.
I have not seen a 1079 shelter in person but have located one locally for sale. is there anything in particular to look for as far as rust, wall, ceiling and floor damage? The M109's that I had found were all in too bad of shape to consider messing with, roof and floor rot in particular.

Guyfang

Staff member
Take a flashlight, and a Gerber tool. Look anyplace that might be a fine place to collect water. Look for patches. Look at the roof, for "extra" sealant. When ever I did a T.I. on one of the trucks with container, I first looked at the TM's. See if anything has been removed, and what has been added. The one good thing you do not have to look for in the new trucks/container, is asbestos. Lots of the older equipment had asbestos in it, if it had a heater. If the electrical system has been looted, or cut out, that is a good sign of other damage.

coachgeo

I have not seen a 1079 shelter in person but have located one locally for sale. is there anything in particular to look for as far as rust, wall, ceiling and floor damage? The M109's that I had found were all in too bad of shape to consider messing with, roof and floor rot in particular.
>holes in exterior wall where forklift may have punctured it. this can ruin the insulation materiel in the wall turning it into a sponge of water damaging things from inside out.

> does it include the sub structure with the helicopter lift arms apparatus. (this is what attaches to the truck chassis). the arms not so much important as the substructure itself. With out this substructure you are doing a bit of fabrication to mount it and as you know abor cost $$$.
>> are bolts/springs included that attach it to said substructure. (2 captive bolt and springs, two sold bolts. 4 rubber pads)
>> Are the metal plates that that were used to huck bolt the substructure to the truck chassis included

> is the harness ends that attach the box to the trucks electrical system (running lights for example) still intact?
>> does the harness that ties above into truck main harness included (would save you ton of wiring headache if so)
> is the box modified to your advantage ?
> ladder/steps included.... these can cost up to 700 bucks for even after market.
>> is the steps hand rail included

> exterior seams all seem to be / not be battered?
> the doors tweaked or opening freely and appear to seal
> any signs of pooling water.... if so why (example mine I sold.... had a window left open before I purchased the truck)

if I think of more will revisit/edit this post

coachgeo

>holes in exterior wall where forklift may have punctured it. this can ruin the insulation materiel in the wall turning it into a sponge of water damaging things from inside out.

> does it include the sub structure with the helicopter lift arms apparatus. (this is what attaches to the truck chassis). the arms not so much important as the substructure itself. With out this substructure you are doing a bit of fabrication to mount it and as you know abor cost $$$.
>> are bolts/springs included that attach it to said substructure. (2 captive bolt and springs, two sold bolts. 4 rubber pads)
>> Are the metal plates that that were used to huck bolt the substructure to the truck chassis included

> is the harness ends that attach the box to the trucks electrical system (running lights for example) still intact?
>> does the harness that ties above into truck main harness included (would save you ton of wiring headache if so)
> is the box modified to your advantage ?
> ladder/steps included.... these can cost up to 700 bucks for even after market.
>> is the steps hand rail included

> exterior seams all seem to be / not be battered?
> the doors tweaked or opening freely and appear to seal
> any signs of pooling water.... if so why (example mine I sold.... had a window left open before I purchased the truck)

if I think of more will revisit/edit this post
appologize @chucky for participation in a hijack(s) of your stair thread. If you would rather @Rhino 5/4 start a thread(s) on his different topics; I will be happy to cut/paste my response over to threads he starts so they are not a distraction to your thread

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
appologize @chucky for participation in a hijack(s) of your stair thread. If you would rather @Rhino 5/4 start a thread(s) on his different topics; I will be happy to cut/paste my response over to threads he starts so they are not a distraction to your thread
No you and him and anybody else can do anything you want on anything i put up . Im learning something every time yall chat and till just a week or 2 back i didnt know what yall ment about a hi jack of a thread and im probably the worst to take off in a conversation not thinking where or how it started and for anyone ive done that too MY BAD ! Like gramps used to say the doors always open and come on in rest a spell .

coachgeo

No you and him and anybody else can do anything you want on anything i put up . Im learning something every time yall chat and till just a week or 2 back i didnt know what yall ment about a hi jack of a thread and im probably the worst to take off in a conversation not thinking where or how it started and for anyone ive done that too MY BAD ! Like gramps used to say the doors always open and come on in rest a spell .
Just some Hijack things to thimk about.

Yeah hijacking bugs the shiat out of some folk sometimes for not so legit reasons; yet sometimes it is a bit of a valid point

> "this is MY THREAD" go for it... hi-jack (or not) or allow others (or not) all you want. .... below is info on why you might consider encouraging others to NOT hijack though.

. at times it is just that member started the thread to get help in figuring something out that is a bit time sensitive so they can move their project on forward. This sorta does make a point against wondering rambles/hijacks in a thread, it slows down getting the input the thread creator really needs to get their issue solved
. Research - Each NEW threads started have titles. when a person is searching the board for answers (as should always be the first step) thread titles help them find what they need. A hijack in the middle of a thread.... may be full of awesome info on say "how to change a tire"..... but the member seeking that knowledge may not come across it so easy when the thread it is in.... started off as "where to get circuit breakers". That, is kind of a legit reason to not hijack as well. It helps everyone find stuff.
. updating/passing on new info- when someone discovers a new tidbit they think will help everyone out.... going to an existing thread on the topic and posting it there helps everyone out that day....... and everyone in the future who researches that topic. Thusly, again that is the benefit of thread titles and benefit of NOT hijacking. Matching the topic to title comes into play way more beneficially in an on topic thread.. and less beneficially when that new info is planted in the middle of a thread as part of an old Hijack or a new hijack.

just stuff to go hmmmmmmmmm?

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Often a hijack fits in, so its not a tech problem. But when its too far off base, then no. Its rare that two people have THE EXACT problem. When more then one person is trying to solve a problem in the same thread, OLD folks like me just can not keep it separate. You get better personal help, when its just one person. But you often get better communal help, and multi ideas with someone extra in the problem solving process. I often ask, or advise a "hijacker" to start a new thread, when I am trying to help someone. And if 2-3 people are trying to help someone, there is just too many people. Or better said, too much input, to be able to follow the thread. At the end of the day, the original poster should decide.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks