• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Purchased MK23 with no bed sides! Anyone have any connections??

MTVR

I may be willing to sell mine, once I take delivery of my truck- the bed sides and tailgate look nice in the pictures...

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
737Driver,

I can see your truck has the tail gate and ladder. You might have the bed sides stowed in the "trunk." That's what happened to my truck. When I went to pick it up, the first thing I did was open the storage under the bed and I found all the sides, the benches, and side tops in there. I was really happy.

BTW, I see that your steel cover for the storage is missing the pin that holds it on. You will want to fix that before transport or driving it any where or you will lose it and it weighs a ton. It could hurt someone if it falls off.

Jon

737Driver

737Driver,

I can see your truck has the tail gate and ladder. You might have the bed sides stowed in the "trunk." That's what happened to my truck. When I went to pick it up, the first thing I did was open the storage under the bed and I found all the sides, the benches, and side tops in there. I was really happy.

BTW, I see that your steel cover for the storage is missing the pin that holds it on. You will want to fix that before transport or driving it any where or you will lose it and it weighs a ton. It could hurt someone if it falls off.

Jon
Thanks Jon!! I hope you are right that would be a nice surprise! Did you buy yours from the Yermo Ca site?

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I picked mine up at Yermo. I bought it in June 2019 and back then they did not bother to put the sides on. Now I think they will take the sides out and put them on because then the truck looks better and will sell for more money. I hope your truck has the sides! Let us know.

737Driver

Yes, I picked mine up at Yermo. I bought it in June 2019 and back then they did not bother to put the sides on. Now I think they will take the sides out and put them on because then the truck looks better and will sell for more money. I hope your truck has the sides! Let us know.
I’ll post it as soon as I take possession!!

737Driver

737Driver,

Jon
Jon
Would you be willing to send me the dimensions of that pin for the storage cover? I’d like to try to source one so I can have it when I pick up the truck! Maybe some pics. If you have time you can send it to jasongomora@yahoo.com I would greatly appreciate it!!

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
737Driver,

Here are the photos. Note the pin has two detent ball bearings on it that keeps it on the cover plate. Looks like the pin is a 3/8 in diameter and 2 7/8 inches long. I don't think the length is so important. You can see the ball bearing in the second photo. I think Ace Hardware might have something like this.

20200416_125455.jpg

20200416_125543.jpg

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was running some errands today and I drove by a Ace Hardware so I stopped. I found a pin that may work. It has just one ball bearing to retain it but it might work.

20200416_165713.jpg

MTVR

737Driver, we took delivery of our truck today. The tailgate and bed sides are in surprisingly good shape. They are not perfect, but they are the nicest ones I've ever seen. I think the only way you'll be able to find nicer ones, would be to buy brand new ones and have them painted. You can PM me if you're still interested... :)

737Driver

737Driver, we took delivery of our truck today. The tailgate and bed sides are in surprisingly good shape. They are not perfect, but they are the nicest ones I've ever seen. I think the only way you'll be able to find nicer ones, would be to buy brand new ones and have them painted. You can PM me if you're still interested... :)
I’m still interested! How did u take dilivery gov planet told me all EUC were on hold due to the virus?? I’d love to talk when you get a chance on how that all went down! Did you get yours from Yermo?
Thanks Jason 303-775-7329

MTVR

I’m still interested! How did u take dilivery gov planet told me all EUC were on hold due to the virus?? I’d love to talk when you get a chance on how that all went down! Did you get yours from Yermo?
Thanks Jason 303-775-7329
It was good to talk to you on the phone, Jason...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks