• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Putting a stereo and speakers in a CUCV pickup

Somemedic

The 6x9s are on the rear fenderwells. Theres quite a bit of speaker wire attached so I can have them on the roof or just outside anywhere. I had to bend up the lip where the fiberglass topper sits. They just kind of wedge in there until I pop them out for camp outs and barbques. I was going to use velcro but didnt need to.

Somemedic

Yes, theyre enclosed. Got to walmart ( or The Shrine and pay ohmage to Sam the god) and in the car audio section there should be 6x9 enclosures. You have to put them together, it aint to tough.

eodmule

Well, never mind about the stereo for now, the deal I was working on for the M1008 fell thru. It turns out it needed a LOT more work than I thought and he would not drop the price. I had to pass.

Still looking through!

Starlight

Oh yea,Shipping to Maine and then we pick her up there and drive on the CAT ferry which will take us all over to Nova Scotia. It's God's Country if you haven't had the opportiunity Kenny. Kenny , you're down my way WEST PALM if i recolect. Do you need the pintel hitch for anything and a humvee antenna brush guard. I'd ship to you other guys but running out of time. These are free Kenny. Take care, T

beetleswamp

Somemedic said:
I left my hole cover plate on the console. I didnt want to have the local contingent of thugs getting my radio goodies. Anyway heres what I did to put some tunes into my CUCV Blazer (same could be done for the pick-up):

I ran a main power wire off the front battery + to a small 4-way fused distribution block. It was drilled and placed in the area of the gun rack behind the drivers seat. Next step is up to you, it kinda camoflauges the equipment and makes it look like it belongs there... I took the piooneer amp apart and sprayed it the same color that the interior is (like 383 carc green). It was mounted close to the distribution block. Ran the wiringto a couple of 6x9 speaker boxes. I almost used ammo cans thinking it would look way cooler but changed my mind. The boxes I used can be purchased at Wal-mart cheap. Take the carpet off and sprayed them green so they wouldnt stand out. I then pluged a 6' ear phone jack into a double RCA into the input of the amp. The blue turn-on (antanea or ignition wire) was pluged into the IGN portion of the fuse block on the kick pannel under the dash. Thats so it turns on when I turn the ignition on and doesnt drain the battery. Now with the earphone jack i could plug in a walkman or minidisc or mp3 player and the signal gets 200wats into a pair of sony 6x9 3way speakers. Unless you know what your looking at theres nothing on the dash to indicate that theres any stereo inside. I can also take my mp3 player with me when i exit the vehicle and its smaller than most faceplates. BOO-Yahh
If I want I can put another amp in the same area or behind the passenger seat and run the power wire to the distribution block. I already put speakers in the dash but have yet to hook them up. I only have a 2way amp.
But thats how I roll. Nobody knows the equipments there and thats a beautiful thing.
That's a beautiful setup. I have a cell phone with an MP3 player which would work great just like that. I suppose you could put a cig lighter back there as well and charge it up while driving so theres only two little wires coming out of the seat.

SuperchargedRS

I fabbed them, if you have the tools and time it's the way to go; just remember that the 6x9s and such are IB speakers (infinite baffle) so they don't like being sealed up in a box, for mine I cut a 3.5 hole in the bed wall of the truck (though you cant see it as the speaker pods cover the holes).

here is the thread I did, I'de post more pics but am away on business, will update later (as it's done now).

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=8470&start=20

Somemedic

Sorry for not replyingsooner. My home computer died and i have yet to figure what happened to it.

the 6x9 boxes are just a little snug but can be wedged in between the top of the rear wheel and the edge of where the fiberglass topper rests on the body. Not sure what the word is to describe it. I just wedged it in there after a little bending with some channel locks. There not in there too tight so I can pull them out and rest them on top of the truck if Im working outside and want to hear some tunes. I really need a nice 4 way amp so I can retire my 2 way pioneer amp to sub woofer duty and let the new 4 way fire up the front and rear. Really overcome all that engine noise...