• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

quick disconnect battery cable connectors

sully429

has anybody had any success with quick disconnect battery cable connectors. and if so what brand and where did you get it. thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use your shift key to capitalize the first letter in the first word in every sentence. This has been a grammar standard that we all learned in 3rd grade.(It's also a site rule)

There are issues particular to CUCVs, and using a single cutout switch is not a good idea.

Do some searching, we've covered this before.

Matt65

Welcome to the Forum!

I think what you are asking about I have an image of below. I have never used these. My truck came with a heavy Keyed disconnect in the cab. Other than added security I have never had the need for further disconnectability since doing the DogHead Relay. Like DH mentioned the CUCV's electrical system is different than civilian trucks. You may indeed need two of them for each Positive battery terminal to achieve full disconnect.

Why exactly do you want to add them? Knowing why you want them may help us provide a better solution vs. these terminal ends.

Attachments

Last edited:

sully429

use your shift key to capitalize the first letter in the first word in every sentence. This has been a grammar standard that we all learned in 3rd grade.(it's also a site rule)

there are issues particular to cucvs, and using a single cutout switch is not a good idea.

Do some searching, we've covered this before.
sorry doghead

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not so sorry you would follow the rules(and my advice).

Sorry you can't post for a while.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks