• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick Rattle Can Camo Job

TACTICAL6

Put a quick Rattle Can paint job on the deuce this weekend. All in all I think it turned out pretty good. Used Rust-Oleum flat brown and flat black. Total cost less than $25.00

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When we picked up our Deuce last April, the cab was RED, having been a former brushfire truck.

We also did a RATTLE-CAN Camo Job on the cab (the bed was camo, came off their replacement M35A3 Deuce). It's been almost one year since WalMart's CHEAP Krylon paint was applied and it still looks good. It wore quickly on the running boards, but other than that - NO PROBLEMS. :grd:

mcmullag

I started on mine with the RAPCO rattle cans but it has been too cold and too windy. Got in an hour of painting this weekend and 1 hour last weekend. It is my understanding one needs at least 55 degrees temp farenheit for good results. What was your outside temp when you were painting with snow on the ground? I could swear my paint was acting a little funny during application when the temp dropped to about 48 degrees. Your truck looks great!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks