• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radiator fan replacement

Average Joe

While I was adding the frame extensions to my truck (M35A2C) for installing a winch, one of the radiator fan blades fell out of the body. This leads me to conclude that a new fan is needed. I've been able to find 19"+ fans, but none have an 1&1/2" pilot bearing hole in the center. Does anyone know of a more modern, lightweight fan that will bolt up, or is there a spacer that will allow a modern fan to mount up correctly?
Auch, now that the radiator is drained of all its blood, I'm noticing how rusty the water pump is. I can't find a leak, but I shudder to think what the impeller looks like. Should I break the pump apart and check, or just replace the whole shooting match?

AvgJoeImageUploadedByTapatalk1340865051.402105.jpg

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have wondered if you could pull the mechanical fan and put an electric fan or dual fan setup on the truck.

If my water pump looked really bad I would replace it. I keep a NOS one around just for that reason.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Be glad it happened while you were not moving! I had that happen while on the road and it took out my Rad.

Kohburn

dual and triple electric fans have been done with success. there are a few threads on it - I bought my fans but haven't had a chance to install them with a thermostatic control yet.