• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Railroad Forum

Should we have a Railroad Forum?

• Sure, I don't see why not, we have tanks and few own them.

Votes: 52 83.9%
  • Nope, trains is dumb!

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Ferro is nuts

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be on the lookout
The Golden Gate Railroad Museum Sold our GE 65 ton center cab # 3, it is leaving today for Wyoming.IMG_20190729_141247.jpg

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I got to meet Steve Lee former head of the Union Pacific steam program, he is the new owner of the GE 65 ton center cab from the Golden Gate Railroad MuseumIMG_20190730_105154.jpg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I yoinked this pic from a Facebook post on a page dedicated to pics of noteworthy MV's....IMG_1357.JPG.... Sadly, they shared no date/location/unit information. It is a great moment in time captured for us though.

And, I'll throw this one in just to keep a little laughter going among the troops here....

IMG_1384.jpg

Carry on.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I yoinked this pic from a Facebook post on a page dedicated to pics of noteworthy MV's....View attachment 772017.... Sadly, they shared no date/location/unit information. It is a great moment in time captured for us though.

First moment I saw it my gut said "Ausies in the Asian theater". Maybe shortly after the war?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was hoping it might include some track - or maybe a timeshare spot on their rails :cool:
Ferro has rails! When you are bidding, figure in about $2 a railroad mile to get it shipped where it is going. And, since it will be a part of a unit train, it may take several weeks to move any appreciable distance.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did not know the vot ewas open, it used to be something like 98% in favor of Ferro being nuts, he went seriously down in that respect.

Another Ahab

I did not know the vot ewas open, it used to be something like 98% in favor of Ferro being nuts, he went seriously down in that respect.
You GOT to be nuts if you're going to get anything done.

You can bet that's what all the neighbors told the Wright Brothers:

- "You guys are nuts!"

120 years later we got a helicopter on Mars.

We need more like Ferro!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks