• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ran your 7 Ton out of fuel?

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the emissions, I don't think they needed to do anything. There was nothing on the paperwork that said it was needed for emissions. So I am not sure if they just did something to make it pass or if the laws in Utah allow for model year 2003 to have some leniency. I still think it should not have passed but I AM REALLY GLAD IT DID!!

BTW, the Federal laws for 2007 and newer trucks require stiff emissions so now I am glad I bought an older MTVR.

The $2k was a few things.
1. The cab bolt was missing from the passenger side. I didn't even know there was a cab bolt on the front passenger side and they said it was missing. So I guess my cab would fly off as I was driving down the road. HA HA! But they showed me the bolt and the washer and the thick rubber bumper that they made.

2. The ABS was not working and the light on the dash told me so. They knew that Federal regulations require ABS in truck made after 1999 (?) and they it must be working. So they had to fix it. It turned out to be a solenoid and not a sensor like I thought. Anyway, they billed for a few hours of diagnostics. They used had the part FedEx'ed overnight and they billed me for that.

3. I owed them some money for a mobile service call they made to my house when the 7 ton would not start. So that was about $350.

4. The emissions test cost $50.

5. The safety test was like $100 for a truck this size.

6. They did a few little things like fix a wiring problem.

So even though it was a lot of money, it was nice that the mechanic walked out to the truck with me and showed me everything and even told me a bunch more things about the truck.

Barowner

MAdams... can Jon an I rent rooms in your MT house? I started a company in Utah to own the truck...because Colorado passed a law barring registration on month after I purchased mine

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I know, old post but this might help some folks. Form an LLC in MT. Easy to do. LLC owns truck

2000M1070

It will also now be a commercial vehicle and you’ll need a CDL. You’ll also be violating tax laws....

Google Washington State residents registering vehicles and motorhomes in Oregon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks