• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Random items found in HMMWV

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 607616

Not too interesting, but I was pleased to find all of this under the rear seats. Jack with handles, tools, bags, 3 lug wrenches, spout to something, triangles, 2 first aid kits, some others odds and ends, and a 9mm round.
That spout will likely fit the Scepter fuel cans and the older US "Spam can" fuel cans with the flat lid that likes to leak.

Shogun187

Steel Soldiers Supporter
5.56 blank, pioneer tool kit, two operator manuals in their respective plastic binders, a spare plastic binder, plastic bag and a canvas bag containing the aforementioned manuals, viz panel, an extra passenger side front door (but no driver's door!), some KFC wrappers

avlon01

Found a bunch of 5.56 blank casings, a .50 blank casing, a HMMWV manual jammed under the seat in the plastic wrap, and a blue practice grenade body.

Otherwise, a lot of chewing tobacco tins, glowsticks, gum wrappers, and a bunch of tabasco sauce packets.

Carrera911

One of my trucks had about 15 spent 5.56 dating back to 89 and a bunch of spent 9mm marker bullets. And a live marker bullet. Would be kinda cool to shoot it but kinda wanna keep it too.

Another had a first aid kit, bottle jack, scissor jack and a custom fabbed 1/8 aluminum sheet bent under the cargo cover and attached with liquid nails.:doh:

Katavic918

My 998 was pretty clean. The only interesting thing I found was a .45 case with an Israeli defence forces headstamp dated 1989.

ke5eua

Found an AAFES (PX) $0.25 round cardboard "gift certificate" in my 5-ton. A TM in a nylon case in one of the M1082s, as well as the electric interconnect.
The cardboard change was only given out as change in Iraq and Afghanistan. Came in 5,10,25.

I still have about $5 worth of Pogs from my second deployment.

Redeemable at any px/bx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ryanruck

Found a Deuce/5 ton tow bar axle shackle (gave it to a friend with a 5 ton), a moldy Motor Equipment Dispatch example form, a Tennessee NG patch (no surprise since my truck came from 1-181 FA), an equipment records binder I cleaned up and now use to keep my registration and insurance in, some paracord, a padlock with no key, a couple CR123 batteries, lots of loose nuts/bolts/washers, and a whole lot of river mud/sand/stones.

Oh, and a mud dauber nest behind one of my rear seat cushions. :mrgreen:

IMG_0690.jpg IMG_0689.jpg IMG_1009.jpg IMG_0669.jpg IMG_1836.jpg

My 998 was pretty clean. The only interesting thing I found was a .45 case with an Israeli defence forces headstamp dated 1989.
The US military has sourced ammo from the Izzies for a while. A while back there was a brouhaha over Israeli ammo being used with troops deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. Supposedly it was relegated to stateside training use since, of course, it matters who made the bullet a bad guy gets shot with. :roll:

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wet and cruddy pamphlet bag, Jack, handle, antenna rope and clip, 2 rusty cheap screwdrivers, one live 5.56 with a green tip, many 5.56 fired blanks and regular cartridges (amazing every crook and cranny they hide in), long rod which I think is a rifle cleaning rod and a little cup covered in aluminum foil with leafy green residue tucked away in a corner.......

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After 10 trucks, I have a ton of crap...jacks, jack handles, bottle jacks, document bags, TM's, rank, patches, straps of every assortment, antenna pieces...the list goes on.

911joeblow

Lots of spent glow sticks in green and orange. A nice ram mount setup for a computer by the looks of it. Lots as antenna parts but mostly wire. Lots of wrappers from candy bars and fast food. Of course 50lbs of dirt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks