• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RAPCO Spray Can paint issues

Keith_J

Yes, Mike, that will work to clear the internal straw of congealed pigment. Ounce of prevention would be to store the cans upside down.

i have blown out he straw with compressed air and those little plastic cone inflators that come with cheap compressors. This trick also works when running low on propellant in the can. Be careful, the maximum pressure in the can is only 30-50 PSI.

bonedoc

Glad I found this thread as I'm getting ready to order my Rapco tan and black to finish the 3 color camo on my deuce. That mixkwik looks really cool. worth the money!!

3dAngus

Funny! I'm out back using the mixkwik now, where I bought it after reading this thread. I've had it for about a month now and used it several times already.
It really works, but,.... be darn careful not to fully pull that trigger. It is not the best made tool and I'm afraid it might come apart if I do, where the instructions say over and over, be careful not to give it full power. Just a gentle touch of the trigger will do.
Also love his commercial at the web page, "Mr. Tool Belt"
Going back outside to paint some ammo cans now. Mixkwik carries my recommendation especially to eliminate some of the issues with Rapco paint.
I've always preheated the cans with an incandescent light for a couple of hours, then shake thourally, and have never had a problem. If its 95 outside and 85 in the garage, there would be no need to heat them up.
I don't use Rapco on my ammo cans, but I wouldn't use anything else on my MVs. Good stuff if used right.

MR3C

what is the quality of the Rapco paint in terms of being hard wearing, resistant to chemicals/fuel/body oils, etc?

WingCO

I've been using Mark's paint for years with very few problems. I take a couple of cans with me on the road to rallies, etc., and they work great for last minute touch ups.

I do the same thing that others do when they put the nozzles in thinner - but I use Xylene - and I put some on the top of the spray can to keep it clean as well.

This paint is heavy and it's normally applied, insofar as I know, with a standard sprayer and compressor system. To me, rust and corrosion control is a constant battle so I have to strip and repaint some small areas occasionally.

Personally, I like RAPCO and their paint. (I didn't get paid for this either). Can you tell me someone else that makes this stuff whose rattle cans don't clog?

WingCO

I have found the wearing qualities to be fair to good. I stripped and completely repainted my M35A2C and my M105A2C and used RAPCO paint for it. I used as standard auto type primer first and then did 2 coats with current tan. I have to touch up dings and some deep scratches sometimes, but I've never had a problem with fuel, oils or other fluids. Even after the paint is set and dry, Xylene doesn't seem to phase it too much.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks