• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rare Deuces ?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this the yard that has M35's piggybacked as far as the eye can see? Been searching the web with negative results.

joeM62

It doesn't look like the same yard because it is showing mountains in the back ground, the
one with duces stacked piggyback are in the Netherlands.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Jim Hunter

Hello guys,

Actually there is two yards in the same place...
They are located near Athens and I will be glad to provide directions to anyone who interested to visit them.
There is +/- 25 Deuces here , 5ton wrecker and gasser tractor also +/- 25 M37s and M38s,M151s,CCKW,M1008,1009,M43.
Also there is one Zil truck,GAZ 66,VW Iltis,VW Thing,Steyr trucks and some more.

Pictures to follow this Sunday.

Jim

joeM62

I know there no chance of me owning an M60 but I would volunteer to help with the recover the rare ones. Wonder if there is a M48 tractor in that group?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
OH please tell me that YOU added the ONE and it looks likes ONLY m60 to the WRECKER COUNT POLL in the thread of the same name

Last edited:

M109808

Main difference between the 108 and 60 is that the M60 has a lip around the wrecker bed. Much like a contractor's truck. It looks like the side of a deuce bed chopped about halfway. (Look at the last picture in my above post.) The 108 is more like a flatbed. I also believe that the M108 lacks the rear winch found on the M60. PS I'll add it to the poll as soon as I'm done typing this...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks