• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rausch Creek 2009

M37Dodge

IMHO: Go for the weekend w/o the annual NJ Jeep club show - it will be quieter at night for sleeping and less traffic on the trails. I agree with Lance about avoiding being near the trail head - the folks camping over there got covered in coal dust (still finding it in nooks of my truck) and Lord forbid getting too close to the port-a-potties. They got nasty from the crowds!

More crowded this year? Likely. I've chatted with a few M37 owners who were suprised to learn non-M35 trucks were welcome - and I sent them onto our rally shots on the forum. It appears a couple more M37's will come this year. Maybe M715 owners will come now too.

My M37 will be getting a re-power before then. Although the 230 engine was awesome on the trails for massive torque at idle-low rpm, it is very underpowered for my hauling needs with the M101 trailer and big tires.
-Andy
(M37Dodge)

Last edited:

No.2Diesel

I googled: "October 2009 Rausch Creek Offroad Park" and got a bunch of hits on 4x4 clubs having events at RC in Oct. but not on that weekend (24,25) so thats good news!:-D
================================================================
Yeah those guys near the trail head were definetely down wind of the dust.:p Everytime we headed out we made them look like chicken cutlets:p
================================================================
Thank you M37Dodge for spreading the word about the Rally. Your truck performed excellent on the trails and looked great! Just in case your reading about this for the first time on the forum, this event has always been open to all MVs and MV enthusiasts. It would be great to see more 37s, and 715s, WCs, etc.

There's gotta be a bazillion MV owners in PA. We just gotta get them out there instead of hiding in the garage waiting for the next parade!fat lady sings
====================================================

THEROAD

Me too. I hope to have the M109 done long before that. My son has bobbed one of his Deuces. Our only problem is getting three deuces to the event. I what to bring the RedNeck camper; but need a Deuce for the trails. Don't want to rip the box off the M109 or have MV NewGuy cut down too many trees.
Sounds like fun fun fun.

No.2Diesel

Awesome....Then its set. MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!:

-Thursday---October 22nd :)driver:convoy and arrival at RC in the afternoon)
-Friday-------23rd (wheeling :driver:and other misc. fun:beer:)
-Saturday---24th (more wheeling:driver: and other misc. fun:beer:)
-Sunday-----25th (pack up and depart late morning:-()

This year we can invade the Log Cabin Restaurant as a group one evening. Its right around the corner from the Ravine truck stop being the closest eatery.

This modified schedule allows two full days of wheeling, and a travel day to and from the event that is during the day and doesn't require a marathon of driving followed by hours of wheeling.

If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions discuss it hear. Thanks for the communication. I will email Lynn @ RC so we can be placed on their calendar.

LanceRobson

Please let us know as soon as you confirm the date with the park. I'm self employed but my sons will want to put in for time off as early as possible. The #2 son suggested the possibility of flying up from Fort Lauderdale for the weekend, too.

Since the park will not require a headcount to lock in a date, maybe you shouldn't open an "official sign up" thread until much closer to the event than was the case last year. That should make for a much more accurate headcount and prevent the planners jumping through hoops unnecessarily.

I'd suggest that those of you who plan to convoy determine the latest date that allows adequate planning time and start the "official" sign up a week or two earlier.

What would you think of a prepayment policy for tee shirts? Maddawg is still pedaling the ones folks committed to and didn't buy. If maddawg doesn't want to deal with tee shirts this year, I'd be glad to do it. My brother's business can do very detailed and long wearing computer generated heat transfers of just about any artwork.

Looking at the amount of interest, something we talked about last year comes to mind. As we close in on the final planning, we may want to split into more than one trail group. Both the number of vehicles and the difficulty of the trails any given operator might be willing to tackle should be considered.

Lance

LanceRobson

I can report that a shop van CAN make it (with a little help from its friends...)
Last year, we were down some trails that had trees leaning over the trail so steeply that folks had to back and fill to get the cabs and exhaust pipes around them. Most folks took the troop seats off for the same reason. If an M109 hits the trail this year, a few of those trails will need to be avoided.

Of course, if Rob leads the way and does his Paul Bunyon gig with his front bumper again, you'll do fine.

Lance

Last edited:

Jakelc15

Any date is fine, I just have to call work and tell them I died or something and be back monday! :razz: I'll be there again this year as long as my truck will make it. anyone have a video camera that is not a hi-8! LOL Hey oldchev4x4, you got any green iron yet? Bringing the wife this year? Tiffany was kinda lonely on the gender side of things last year! Lol

OLDCHEV4X4

Hey Jake, Its good to hear from you!
atankersdad is working on reformating the hi-8 video from last year. I will post a link when i get it. I'm working on getting some green iron. I have to pick up my new genset from Lance in FIG this Saturday. And pick up a M101A1 trailer from Bordentown NJ on Wednesday. I know, I know, I cant drive them to Rausch Creek, but the green diesease has to start somewhere. Tell Tiffany i will ask Sharon, but i doubt she will go. Hunter is already packed!

Jakelc15

I've been meaning to ask you about the video. You'll have to get a deuce or something to take with the blazer, so Hunter has something to drive!

86M10086.2L

Well, My M1008 and I are in as long as the dates don't change, Oct. 22-26. I have to work on the 22nd but maybe I can get lost time, or take the day otherwise I'll miss the convoy. But at least I'll be there for the wheeling. I was real upset I missed this last year. But I did enjoy meeting a bunch of the guys who went when we did the wheeling trip through the NJ pine barrens later that fall.

No.2Diesel

DKELONE

I only do mules so i won't be a part of this but i saw lance mention using mine signs for marking the area. I have lots of that mine stuff and will give some to whoever is marking the area if more are needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks