• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rausch Creek 2009

Rickyoday

Hi Kenny,
The website is down for good. It wasn't making enough $ to offset the cost of having it. I haven't been able to post...just so darn busy...
I have my brother here turning wrenches now, we have a steady flow of work, mainly Jeeps, for the time being. I hope to have more time to visit the site soon. TTYL,
Rick

M37Dodge

You will need some clearance. I think it was Lance or his son's stock Chevy (CUCV??) pick up had difficulty with avoiding smashing his differentials on the boulders b/c it had stock tires. Sometimes it happens no matter what line you take on the trail. Cast iron vs granite is not pretty.

It all comes down to what trails are taken. Did anyone metion we accidentally got on a trail with black diamond slopes and red difficulty? Definitely white knuckles. 9 trees were killed and a 5-ton front bumper got bent. Smiles all around. There is almost always an empty passenger seat in every MV - so you will have the option to can catch a ride with another person for those rougher trails.

Last edited:

XJCowboy

If I can get my hands on a Deuce before then I will try and make it out. If not I can always get one of my jeeps on the road and take it out.

I am going the weekend before hand to help spot rigs for the NJJA run.

(I drove by thier today and it looks like the place is closed no signs out or nothing i did not check there site yet

trust me its open still.

Oh and yes I was trying

http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/93xjcowboy/Wheelin pics/?action=view&current=P9050082.flvhttp://s458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/93xjcowboy/Wheelin pics/?action=view&current=P9050082.flv

http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/93xjcowboy/Wheelin pics/?action=view&current=P9050083.flv

No.2Diesel

Hi XJcowboy,

We would've had it the week before but the parking & caming area was so crawded we decided to move it a week later. Hope you can make it the following week. There is always someone with an empty seat if you've never ridden in an MV before.

XJCowboy

Hi XJcowboy,

We would've had it the week before but the parking & caming area was so crawded we decided to move it a week later. Hope you can make it the following week. There is always someone with an empty seat if you've never ridden in an MV before.

I will be trying to get something out that weekend. Money isnt as much an issue becuase the weekend before Im not driving so Its only $5.

Thanks
Matt

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Thanks for the loud reminder :razz: We all need it. Its important to inspect EVERYTHING and carry out PM.

I just finished a bunch of stuff on my Deuce and that pesky primary fuel/water seperator was at it again. I always take my time to clean everything and oil the o-rings and cardboard washers for all the canister filters but that primary fuel canister tries my patience everytime. Almost every filter change I've had to go back and re-seat the canister or replace the cardboard washer after watching fuel drip out when I turn on the pump. aua Its difficult to sense how much 15ft.lbs. is with a 1" box wrench torqued by hand since I don't do it often enough to get the feel right.

I am sensing Spin-on filters for the future :hammer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks