• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Readers HMMWV Rides

Predator42

We need more posts! winter HMMWV pics? water fording pics? custom interiors? home made tops or doors? wheel and tire choices? custom bumpers? paint schemes? Roof racks? I have a W500 wavewalk kayak Id like to take out to the lake in the summer and need ideas on how to haul it besides throwing it inside since its too long. ambulanceHMMWV.jpg

I think patience is needed on the request for pictures of mods. The bulk of HMMWVs are only arriving in the hands of people and like me they are just starting to get them in good running condition.

I think a better request/question is: What are you planning to modify/do with your new toy?

For me, I want to make a "back rack" for my 2 door M998 with hard doors and troop benches. Something that keeps someone from coming through the back curtain with a knife, and keeps firewood thrown in back from going through the curtain.

I've got a fording stack and elbow for sealing the stack from the first air box to air filter that I'm going to add. No full fording kit for me. Just change fluids if water gets in anything.

I have pulled the plywood section from the bed of my 2door. Thats garbage.... The plywood from the cab is in rough shape so I'm going to trace out a new one using the old and add "cup" holders for when I do light off-roading on private land.

KansasBobcat

I've got a fording stack and elbow for sealing the stack from the first air box to air filter that I'm going to add. No full fording kit for me. Just change fluids if water gets in anything.

I have pulled the plywood section from the bed of my 2door. Thats garbage.... The plywood from the cab is in rough shape so I'm going to trace out a new one using the old and add "cup" holders for when I do light off-roading on private land.
The plywood in my M998 was redwood!. I replaced with good grade exterior and gave it 2 good coats of paint. Note the location of any welnuts so you can relace them. They are handy for holding ammo can racks, etc.

Dock Rocker

I started working on an overhead console to mount some interior lights, a CB, and all of the switches and relays for the exterior lights. I am also going to run a string of LED lights onto the back side of the B Pillar for rear cab lights.

I got it mounted, now I have to get it wired up and all the holes cut for switches and lights mounted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks