• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Bumper/Tire rack for M1009

shorad93

I took a different approach. Found a H2 Hummer rear bumper carrier on Craig's List and modified it. I was lucky and found a new one in Miami for $225. Spent about $50 in steel to reinforce the bumper and about $25 in stainless steel bolts. I had to remove the pintle, however, it worked for me since I'll be adding a trailer hitch next week with a pintle receiver as well.

I like your integrated fulel can bracket. I'm gonna have to go back to the drawing board to see how I can add a fuel bracket on mine.

Looks good.

Attachments

taylordc15

Shorad93, yours looks good. I was leaning that way but wasn't sure about the stock bumper taking the weight, was thinking about putting a M1008 bumper on it with the H2 tire carrier but didn't have any luck finding a H2 carrier anywhere near me and shipping was doubling the cost. In the end I found this, liked it more and it allowed me to keep my pintle hitch

shorad93

I actually copied the idea from another member from West Palm Beach Area. I had to reverse engineer "how to" based on several pictures posted here. I did it in 2 weekends and it's worked great. This is my daily driver and I drive it roughly 40 miles daily at 65 to 70 MPH. The stock bumper works great with no reimforcement. Although I have all the pieces bolted, I want to actually weld all the critical pieces for better strength and endurance.

I was very lucky to find this guy that had 2 of these H2 racks just sitting in a garage. otherwise, I was going the same route you did.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks