• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Bumper/Tire rack for M1009

shorad93

I took a different approach. Found a H2 Hummer rear bumper carrier on Craig's List and modified it. I was lucky and found a new one in Miami for $225. Spent about $50 in steel to reinforce the bumper and about $25 in stainless steel bolts. I had to remove the pintle, however, it worked for me since I'll be adding a trailer hitch next week with a pintle receiver as well.

I like your integrated fulel can bracket. I'm gonna have to go back to the drawing board to see how I can add a fuel bracket on mine.

Looks good.

Attachments

taylordc15

Shorad93, yours looks good. I was leaning that way but wasn't sure about the stock bumper taking the weight, was thinking about putting a M1008 bumper on it with the H2 tire carrier but didn't have any luck finding a H2 carrier anywhere near me and shipping was doubling the cost. In the end I found this, liked it more and it allowed me to keep my pintle hitch

shorad93

I actually copied the idea from another member from West Palm Beach Area. I had to reverse engineer "how to" based on several pictures posted here. I did it in 2 weekends and it's worked great. This is my daily driver and I drive it roughly 40 miles daily at 65 to 70 MPH. The stock bumper works great with no reimforcement. Although I have all the pieces bolted, I want to actually weld all the critical pieces for better strength and endurance.

I was very lucky to find this guy that had 2 of these H2 racks just sitting in a garage. otherwise, I was going the same route you did.