• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Facing PTO on the Transmission what to run off it?

rmgill

Ok, so my duece has a double output PTO. Winch on the front of course and the rear facing PTO which is currently doing nothing. I'd like to start planning a dump bed and possibly a light K-BOOM crane. I may end up going with a smaller type crane having spoken to Squirt Truck about the complexities and strain on the chassis. I'm just not certain about the process of boxing the frame.

I'm also of a mind to include a hydraulic fitting set on QD connections allowing me to run some remote tools or other devices remote from the truck. It's turned into a general purpose do anything truck and if I add a dump bed and/or a small k-boom or other sort of crane it'll be very handy. I've used it at the RR museum I volunteer at and the other staff are green with envy when I pull up to use it for what ever.

So, what sort of PTO pump would I wan to run?