• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear plate lighting for road legal use

ari

I would use these wire splices to tap into the tail light wires so the license plate light turns on when u turn on the lights. images (5).jpg

snowtrac nome

I would not recommend a wire tap I would recommend the use of soldier and liquid electrical tape that way you are insulated and corrosion will never be an issue

Havok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These military guys have a set up that plugs into existing wiring. With brackets as well. It's a solid set up just remember to ground t to the body.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

papakb

At the time I did mine LED lights weren't available so I sandwiched a dropping resistor between the license plate frame and the airlift bumper to drop the 24 volts down to 12 for the light. Today there are plenty of 10-30 volt LED light options available online that can be wired directly into the electrical system to do the job. A quick search on Google will take you to all sorts of sites that sell them.

Make sure that when you wire it in as stated above, don't use crimp style wire taps. You want a solid connection that won't nick the wire and cause a break point. The best system I've seen is the 3 way splitters (also online) that just plug into the existing wiring. Full military look without needing to be taped or covered.

riderdan

I was out of town for a week so I missed this, but you can buy the Packard connectors and make a "Y" that will plug in to the wiring harness without cutting/splicing/soldering anything on the harness. I bought a male and female connector and created a "Y" that plugs into the harness at the horn (so the power is controlled by the blackout switch) and then ran leads to where I needed 24v power.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys are turning this into a government contract... I would scotch-lock the sucker, liquid tape it, and move on!!!!!
I agree. I would go 1 better. Put a solar powered light on the area. Set the light to go on at night. You can alternatively place a light with a nine-Volt battery, and allow it to stay on the entire time during the inspection. That is it. After the inspection, he might even allow the device to fall off.

Infidel got me is 100% correct.

T

kcobean

LOL...well, around these parts, if you're driving a vehicle on road and it doesn't have a plate light, you're likely to get pulled over. I think I'm going to do what someone else did and just register it as an Antique because then I'm not subject to state inspection.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks