• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear plate lighting for road legal use

jbayer

Ooh, I wanna play
Just a few:
1.) In San Jose and Sunnyvale it is illegal for grocery stores to provide plastic bags.
2.) You may only throw a Frisbee at the beach in Los Angeles County, CA with the lifeguard’s permission.
3.) In Dana Point, you may not use your own bathroom if the window is open.
4.) No vehicle may exceed 60 mph if there is no driver.

Sorry couldn't resist.
Although I do have to admit every state has some dumb laws.
Ok, let's get back on the track.:-D

I haven't run a plate on my Deuce (in a plastic bag next to the seat) for the six years I've had it, so I guess I don't need a plate light.

Sintorion

Tag light is one of those stupid laws that give them reason to pull you over to look for other violations. With reflective materials used on tags now along with the fact that you have to pay first for gas, the law isn't needed.

I can't remember the law in VA, but I know when I had a 79 RX-7 trying to get it state inspected and had issues with the back up lights, the inspector told me that if I removed the lights completely that he would pass me because if it had lights, they had to work. Not sure is there is a year that back up lights were required.

If you go with the antique tag, look at the restrictions before going that route. It may be easier to just to WVa and register it.

kcobean

Tag light is one of those stupid laws that give them reason to pull you over to look for other violations. With reflective materials used on tags now along with the fact that you have to pay first for gas, the law isn't needed.

I can't remember the law in VA, but I know when I had a 79 RX-7 trying to get it state inspected and had issues with the back up lights, the inspector told me that if I removed the lights completely that he would pass me because if it had lights, they had to work. Not sure is there is a year that back up lights were required.

If you go with the antique tag, look at the restrictions before going that route. It may be easier to just to WVa and register it.

79 RX-7....I loved those cars. :)

yeah, I'm aware of the restrictions. I primarily intend to go with the Antique tag just to get it on the road. Once I know it'll pass state inspection, I'll put a regular tag on it. Here in VA we have the Gadsden Flag plates, which I have on my other cars.

makrdy.jpg

quickfarms

Lets start with CARB laws , califonia is the leader in stupid laws then they try and push them on the rest of the country.
Actually it started in Europe in 2000, Mexico City in 2003, New York City in 2004, and carb did it in 2008.

So that's just one stupid law that Sacramento copied.

Where are the other thousands of laws?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please list these tens of thousands of stupider laws.
I just PM'ed you a few. I don't want to post here because political discussions are against TOS.

Bottom line... California is stupid. [EDIT - the people are good... The state government is off center]

Last edited:

Victorkilo31

I just PM'ed you a few. I don't want to post here because political discussions are against TOS.

Bottom line... California is stupid. [EDIT - some of the people are good... The state government is off center]
Fixed it for ya lol sorry couldn't help it.
I just finally got out of CA and in my opinion the quality of good people has been dropping in CA. It seems to have been my experience there that the people are getting not as happy, not Thinking enough on some things, and a lot of other things. I'm glad I made it out lol

Back on the topic, has anyone used one of those military guts v2 plate mounts with light? Mines shipping and just wondering about the install and wiring. Thanks

infidel got me

The sad thing is that you can get your Humvee tagged in Commiefornia, unlike the oppressed here in Floriduh. Do you need a tag light on the front of your ride if state requires ft. and rear tags??? If not why??? What if you commit a crime and leave in reverse!!!!! baaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaa

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks