• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Wheel Horsepower

oldshep

Just had a random thought, has anyone ever put a duece on a dyno of some sort to see what kind of power is at the rear wheels? No i dont want to do any crazy modding to my truck. Not that it really matters but just curious of how much of the factory 134 horsepower makes it to the ground, thanks, Will.

oldshep

i did search it, but ill keep looking. sorry you can remove this guess i just didnt look hard enough doghead.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did last month since we moved and the city we moved to won't let us have a dyno....poor planning on the owners part, as is this whole move thing. Guess pie graphs and bar charts.....never mind...It put 101 to the ground at 2600 RPM in 4th gear.

As far as I know it s stock. Everyone says my truck is slow up the hills.

oldshep

I would be curious what mine is putting out, fdc is bypassed (with a pyro and boost gauge) and will flat get up and move.:twisted: wish i knew of a place around southwest MO i could get it dynoed

jwaller

The local DDA dealer has one but said the engine had to be an electronic motor for them to be able to get a signal on it for rpm and without that he couldn't give me any usable numbers.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
B.S. They can't WATCH the tach and pull it down by road speed? I have 13 years on a SF632 and the 10 before that on a Taylor.

sandcobra164

Mine has enough to spin like crazy on dirt when hooked to a tree!!! That's when you engage the front axle, spin all 10 a little and then pull down the tree. It runs the 1/4 in about a minute with a trap speed of 50 miles per hour or so, on 11R20's, the fuels turned up, it's got a whistler, it's the BOMB!!! Question around this site has been, can you turn a LDT up to the point of performing like and LDS. I don't know the answer either but I do know that turning and LDT up helps quite a bit. An LDT makes 134 hp, 305 lb's of torque, and LDS makes 180 to 210 hp and 425 lb's of torque depending on application as quoted from the TM's. I'd like to think my LDT is hitting on more than 134 hp and way more than 305 lb torque just based on experiments involving towed 5 ton's at an off site government facility nowhere near the public around Groom Lake, just to see if a Deuce can do it.

mcmullag

need to turn it up

I had to have mine smog checked (diesels in this county have to do that to get plates). They run it on a dyno and I recall that they said it put out 85 hp. I need to go find the paperwork to make sure on that figure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks