• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear wheels stuck on

cucvmule

collector of stuff
A bottle jack between the frame and tire with a block of wood up against the tire was always my method of dropping it down on the jack or rolling back and forth didn’t work. Be sure to keep the lug nuts half on because it’ll pop pretty good.
My preferred method also, I like to loose roll also but do not like burring up the threads because I then have a tendency to drive off a little peeved.

Tip for the day, Do not look directly into the Sun.....

peglegwillie

Finally broke them free! I sprayed liquid wrench penetrating fluid through lug holes each one several times, then got under T3 and sprayed the wheel between brake drum and wheel literally soaked each. After waiting couple hours used hand propane torch to heat wheel at lug area while turning wheel slowly. Then a few minutes later got my 42” Lowes crowbar placed end between drum and wheel and pulled like ****. It worked the wheels both popped off. I’ve never seen wheels that where rust welded to a drum like these were !

peglegwillie

4 ton bottle jack

Tried that but frame was to far off alignment to wheels. Had two 2x4’s taped together the placed 4 Ton bottle jack with a piece of angle iron towards wheel, but angle was all wrong !

Last edited:

peglegwillie

Tires and wheels sold

After struggling with their removal I was able to remove both rear wheels. Soaked them in Liquid Wrench penetrator, waited till next day then used large pry bar to break them loose. Worked out well sold tires and wheels after a cleanup, paint they were fine.DCE3E15E-6572-4992-82DB-FECB5BAD529A.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks