• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rearmost drive shaft on M35a2

alex33072

Real quick question. About 4 years ago I removed the rearmost drive shaft in order to make the duce turn a little better. Now I'm getting ready to sell it and want to re-install. I forgot if the slip yoke goes toward the front, rear axle set one, or rear, rear axle set two. I feel like an idiot. Can someone give me a quick answer?Thanks,Alex

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 9-2320-361-20 shows the splined part of the shaft (the "inner" piece) as being attached to the rearmost yoke....but there is no mention that it has to be that way. The graphic/description applies to all propeller shafts, except the intermediate shaft on an M36A2.

rustystud

The SLIP JOINT is ALLWAYS at the power OUTPUT END>
This has been industry standard since forever ! You can install either way though and it will work. It is more a matter of safety then function. When you install the slip yoke to the output shaft you allow the main shaft to fall away in cause the rear U-joint breaks. If the front breaks then you should have a safety hoop installed to catch it. You cannot install a safety hoop on the differential. In the case of our deuces though since both ends mount to a differential it is more a preference thing then function thing.