• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rearmost drive shaft on M35a2

alex33072

Real quick question. About 4 years ago I removed the rearmost drive shaft in order to make the duce turn a little better. Now I'm getting ready to sell it and want to re-install. I forgot if the slip yoke goes toward the front, rear axle set one, or rear, rear axle set two. I feel like an idiot. Can someone give me a quick answer?Thanks,Alex

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 9-2320-361-20 shows the splined part of the shaft (the "inner" piece) as being attached to the rearmost yoke....but there is no mention that it has to be that way. The graphic/description applies to all propeller shafts, except the intermediate shaft on an M36A2.

rustystud

The SLIP JOINT is ALLWAYS at the power OUTPUT END>
This has been industry standard since forever ! You can install either way though and it will work. It is more a matter of safety then function. When you install the slip yoke to the output shaft you allow the main shaft to fall away in cause the rear U-joint breaks. If the front breaks then you should have a safety hoop installed to catch it. You cannot install a safety hoop on the differential. In the case of our deuces though since both ends mount to a differential it is more a preference thing then function thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks