• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rebuilding after 15 years of storage

PHOENIX-GER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You've done a amazing job here for sure.. Plenty of time and money no doubt with endless upgrades. Its clear that you enjoy this project, good job.
Well one thing had the next in line.... so we was one day at a point to decide just roadworthy or a complete job. We decide to go with the complete job.
That mean also we had on an oldtimer restoration some restriction.
We have the Sierra for more own styles and feature.

The only thing which i was in struggle was our rollbar and the own brushguard. In Germany you need a technical approval to become roadlicence. Today are these things not more allow but we got it in 1996. If the truck shown up in the annual technical control without them will they be erase from the roadlicence of this truck and of course will never got it back. Its a german issue of roadlicence. The truck is also with original turnlights in red. Today you have to add ugly additional turnlights if you want bring an american truck here for roadlicence. I have the original brushguard ready to mount and for an omdtimer meeting i can change them, like also take the front seats on the bed as the are not installed of the rollbar.
Otherwise the truck have also with original new headlamps a bad light that the additional lamps are an ease by nightrides.
Here you got an oldtimerstatus also if the truck is not complete original but equiped with things from that time. Mean you find a lot of Trucks which are lifted. A pure oldtimer lover will this not accept. Thats why our truck only got decent improvements which not destroy the military appearance and all is removeable to bring back pure original status.

PHOENIX-GER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I understand, german regulations are tough.. sometimes its redicilus. This case is one of that times. Its a good idea that you have photoed everything. Its very interesting topic and project.
Yes some things are strange. The M1102 trailer will never got roadlicense with original lights. So i build a removable lightbar and civilian electric to use on german roads. We registered him first in germany. Found him in NL. To stay with the original towbar and the pintlehitch i had high costs to find a pintlehitch with german roadlicence. But i was sucessful. The original pintlehitch never got roadlicence here except someone spent the high costs for a technical test of safety. And for roaduse you must be able to arrest the full moveable original hitch which is here only allow offroad.

I have a complete detailed documentation as it will end with an oldtimer-appraisel for insurance and the value. Imagine an accident... the average value is less than the today status. Without such an appraisel i got only the average value.

PHOENIX-GER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a mess with rules there.. They complicate too much. Where can I open new thread about reparation of my M, any advice?
Just use a forum you like to go. I was first in the https://www.steelsoldiers.com/forums/cucv.47/

about the first thought increase power was we moved to this section

Its dependend what you want build up. Here are more modification. In the other section are more repair of stockcondition.

If it not fit will the moderators move your thread to the propper section.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks